Sign in to follow this  
TMT McCoy

TMT McCoy's 'Coupe...More of the usual page 10 :smile:

Very nice!! V pimp.. though you seem to have had your bonnet stolen?

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys! :wink:

When I first started to plan out the interior I searched almost a year for an, Audi TT dash. I didn't have much luck as all of the dashes I came across had a blown passenger side airbag. I was talking to a close friend of mine about my dilema when he mentioned that he just happened to have a bare, Porsche 996 dash shell sitting in his basement. I scooped it up and collected all of the missing pieces from eBay & a couple of Porsche salvage yards. The dash still needs a little bit of work to refine the fitment and I'm still in search of a, Porsche interior wire harness so that I can get the cluster fully functional. I also still have to construct the false for the rear seat & trunk area...add harnesses, inside rear view mirror, radio and I've been kicking the around the idea of replacing the stock black carpet for a new carpet that matches the rest of the interior?!?! Let me know what you guys think!

Well here's a couple of interior pic's...

Wow, what an incredible car. It all looks to have been done to a very high standard. Who did your retrim? Looks awesome! Well done!

8) 8) 8) 8) as ****

I can’t believe this hasn’t been in one of the UK mags.

Wow, what an incredible car. It all looks to have been done to a very high standard. Who did your retrim? Looks awesome! Well done!

8) 8) 8) 8) as ****

I can’t believe this hasn’t been in one of the UK mags.

Thanks mate...

The retrim was done by, Atlas Auto Trim which is located in the states. I stopped by there shop one day and showed them a pic of a, Snappy Gaitor's interior retrim that I had spied in an issue of PVW magazine.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys! :wink:

When I first started to plan out the interior I searched almost a year for an, Audi TT dash. I didn't have much luck as all of the dashes I came across had a blown passenger side airbag. I was talking to a close friend of mine about my dilema when he mentioned that he just happened to have a bare, Porsche 996 dash shell sitting in his basement. I scooped it up and collected all of the missing pieces from eBay & a couple of Porsche salvage yards. The dash still needs a little bit of work to refine the fitment and I'm still in search of a, Porsche interior wire harness so that I can get the cluster fully functional. I also still have to construct the false for the rear seat & trunk area...add harnesses, inside rear view mirror, radio and I've been kicking the around the idea of replacing the stock black carpet for a new carpet that matches the rest of the interior?!?! Let me know what you guys think!

Well here's a couple of interior pic's...

996 dash is much better choice, TT would have been too predictable for a project of this quality. Have you painted the centre section of the dash body colour or is it carbon fibre? Any plans for a matching carpet? Again, awe inspiring car.

996 dash is much better choice, TT would have been too predictable for a project of this quality. Have you painted the centre section of the dash body colour or is it carbon fibre? Any plans for a matching carpet? Again, awe inspiring car.

The centre section section of the dash is painted bodycolor. I also wanna colour code the black defroster lining thats picture at the front of the dash, the driver & passenger side a/c vents & the airbag strip that runs the length of the dash.

Lee, do you think I should leave the carpet black or replace it with a unit that matches the rest of the interior?!?!

I personally think you should leave the carpet black - it'd be too beige inside otherwise; a little contrast highlights what you've done...

Utterly stunning though, the Porsche dash works brilliantly... Two thumbs up!

:notworthy: That car as absolutely gorgeous mate! I've always liked 3dr Jettas, but that's nothing short of awesome! :notworthy:

Lee, do you think I should leave the carpet black or replace it with a unit that matches the rest of the interior?!?!

Definately replace it with a matching carpet.

Thanks for all the positive feedback & constructive criticism guys...I really do appreciate it. :wink:

Here are a few pic's of the engine bay. This area of the shell recieved the most attention. The factory firewall & raintray were cut out of the car and replaced with a custom smoothed firewall fabricated from the same gauge sheet metal. The factory drivers & passenger side frame rail covers were also replaced with smoothed sheet metal covers of the same gauge. The strut tower seems were left untouched. The top of the strut towers were smoothed as well as the identations below. The tops of the front wings & the slam panel were smoothed as well.

The firewall is totally cleaned. I used a custom brake & clutch pedal assembly which totally eliminated the brake booster & master cylinder from the engine bay. The brakes now are devoid of power assist. The brake lines are hidden out of sight from underneath the car. The gas pedal is also custom. It's a bottom hinge unit which relocates the throttle cable to the underside of the car. The result is a firewall totally devoid of anything other than the steering column boot. The wire harnesses were ran through the frame rails, the steering colum boot and the car was converted over to manual steering.

Since these pic's were snapped I have replaced the red spark plug wires with stainless steel braided units I sourced from a, "Hot Rod" magazine. I replaced the black distributor cap with a plastic chromed unit. The factory corrado VR6 radiator was replaced with a polished aluminum unit with a built in header tank and new stainless hard radiator hoses now replace the rubber items. Also the wire harness which was visible on the trans was tidied up and rerouted to the underside of the motor. :D

Congrats on the car!

Its insane!

i think leave the black carpet, its a nice contrast from the rest of the car.

the stance is one of the best ever!!!!

And the engine detail is just unbelivable!

Well Done!

i really admire the effort thats gone into that. i wish i had the time to go the full hog with a project like that. its always seems that only the necesary gets done.

Respect the dedication, time and effort you've put in and i vote for the black carpet :)