Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Flip key on a corrado possible?

I really want a flip key to get into my car but i also want to use the buttons to arm and disarm my alarm. is it possible to do this so the flip key from a late car can work on my toad ai606 alarm?

I know its pretty unlikely but im just trying to find out.

thanks

I think the only viable option is by implanting the internals from your existing fob into the VW one. Which isn't easy as it's quite a small space!

ye i thought that. but as you say its gonna be very hard to fit it all in.

is there anyone out there with a broken fob they could send me just to practice on. if i succeed i will post a diy on here

i have also done it, but could never get my existing fob into the small space of the flip key so gave up..

edit: to get the key blade in all you have to do is push the pin out that holds the existing blade in and copy its base shape ont the your existing key, put pin back in and there you go

but could never get my existing fob into the small space of the flip key so gave up..

Me too, apparently scorpion and cobra alarms can be reprogrammed, but since i gotta Toad, it's not much use to me!

I did hear a rumour though, that Toad might do a converter that talks to VW keyfobs, sounded a bit far fetched to me, so i never gave it a seroius look.

i thought the vw transporter flip keys had the correct profile, AH isnt it, so no need for cutting and splicing your old key blade in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, can anyone confirm that? Plus has anyone ever actually successfully had the buttons programmed to an aftermarket alarm?

Been looking through archives as i just made a flip key and someone mentioned that you could programme the VW key to work with clifford alarms anyone know if this is true and how to do it?

wow, that japanese site is brilliant.

someone ring them up and we can get a few group buys going :D

he is using the kit from TM tuning, then he took the chip from the inside of the fake VW key and put it in a real VW key.... its not the same.... =-( I want clifford instructions!!!!!!

looks like Im buying the autodoodad kit and putting the internals into this remote, pointless because I wanted to use this remote.

I really want a flip key to get into my car but i also want to use the buttons to arm and disarm my alarm.

Me too - I've got a Cobra alarm...and the fob is annoying – it’s shabby and could fall apart at any moment.

I’d like the fully functioning flip-key to work the full closure alarm.

I'm not really interested in the flip key if it won't work the alarm - misses the point IMO.

apparently scorpion and cobra alarms can be reprogrammed

So does anyone know if a Cobra alarm can be made to operate off the flip-key :?:

Would I be advised to contact my local alarm fitters or would they not be interested in fiddling round with this?

Cheers for any advice

Ryan

A new battery has improved things - but I'd still like a better solution than Keys, Alarm fob & immob fob!

I got the key to fit in the fob and I have a Clifford engineer coming out to look at my car alarm next week so I am going to try and get him to sort out the brains of the fob for it to work with my C

I want to do this and I have a spare alarm fob for my autowatch alarm. I'm thinking I might be able to take the spare fob apart and some how fit it into the flip key (i.e. bodge it) so no programming is required... wha-d-ya-reckon?

I want to do this and I have a spare alarm fob for my autowatch alarm. I'm thinking I might be able to take the spare fob apart and some how fit it into the flip key (i.e. bodge it) so no programming is required... wha-d-ya-reckon?

Spot on Trig, I remember measuring Walesy's Autowatch fob, it'll all go in there no worries and I should think you could retain the led flash if you were careful with the ol' soldering iron.

I'll be doing it once I get an Autowatch.

I'm glad people are still looking at this...

I'd be greatful if you'd post your findings once you've had a go,

Cheers,

Ryan