Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

205/45/15s on a vr6????

hi all.

any idea what effect putting 205/45/15s on a vr6 C would have? was just wondering if the slightly smaller side walls might tighten up the handling a bit?

any thoughts much appreciated :)

Number before speed rating is the load index.

Shorter sidewalls will reduce your RR so your speedo will be wrong, go for 50's I reckon.

and unless your C is lowered its gonna look even more like its on stilts...........not even sure you can get 205/45's cheaply too

yeah you can. 50 quid for toyo T1-R isn't too bad. from mytyres.

but they are 81V instead of the usual 86V. so does that mean they can take less loading? confused....

C is gonna be lowered real soon :)

triggermyson, not too arsed about the speedo being out. i have gps which is similarly (in)accurate as the original speedo reading anyway.

and wouldn't a smaller circumference mean slightly better acceleration??

but would i get a 215 on the standard 15 inch speedline???

they're only 6.5 inches or so wide aren't they?

Shouldn't be a problem. I've got 215/40 x 16 on 6.5J RX2's and they're fine.

I wasn't happy with 215/40/16s (7.5J wheel) as they looked lost in the arches and the ride wasn't too impressive either. Replaced them with 205/45/16 Uniroyal Rainsports and they're fat tyres, so looked chunkier than the 215s anyway, plus they're very light tyres, reducing unsprung weight and MUCH better ride quality. Improvements all round :-)

Double 6s, stick with the 205/50s mate.... you will need to alter the final drive to get better acceleration ;-)

still waiting for a suitable FD and pinion mate. the fella in rome had a perfect set but his mate dropped it on the way into the box to be posted to me! it broke :(

You can get the Toyo T1-Rs in 205/50/15 aswell - and they're rated 89V, so no loading problems either.

thanks everyone. gonna go get some now. i obviously need aligning too, as i have a nice bald inner on my front left tyre!

actually, i guess i should wait to get the alignment etc done, as i'm just about to get it lowered!!!