chargedupstorm

N222GUY - The Charged Up Storm

As it's been such a lovely sunny day I thought I'd take a break from decorating the spare room and give the Corrado a much needed clean and wax... took a trip out to Epsom racecourse to take a few shots and show off my new acquisition:

7.5 x 17 BBS fly weights ;-) A Jap specification wheel that I had to make up some adapters to get them to fit with the right offset and get round the TAROX anchors!

I can’t decide on colour yet, but the red caps are sure to changed for some black or silver ones.

I thought maybe paint the centres high gloss black but I need to play with photoshop to make sure it will work…. Watch this space.

Aren’t I a lucky boy, 2 cars with the nicest sets of wheels that BBS make ;-)!

- Sorry net is playing up here - took ages to upload the snaps for some reason.

Finally you post pics up on here Guy

Looking good mate, I reckon dark centres myself.

Hear you had a long trip back the other day.

- All good things come to those who wait Jay ;-)

Yeah I had a fun trip back from northern Holland on Friday - Can't wait for the outcome but more importantly the Corrado is going to see some much needed love while the R32 is away. The alarm is playing up, the bonnet cable just snapped (again)... the crashing noise is still happening at the back so I'm going to change all the rear suspsension. Hey ho - It's still an awsome car.... the affair continues!

Nope the exhaust appears to be ok.

No i'm beginning to think the wheel bearing problem I had on the way back from Le Mans last year has either knackered the bump stops or the H&R's have seen better days.

I'm going to order all the OEM mounts and bolts and replace everthing from the coil to the body and see if that solves it.

Looking very tasty as always :)

Not sure about those new rims though - they don't show off your pr0n brakes as well :lol:

Thanks Andy / Dom - So come on what's the thoughts on colouring the centres.

I'm already going to gloss black the 18" LM's on the R32.

My choices are Satin Silver (with polished outer rim, keeping the black bolts) or Gloss black (looks wet to the touch) or leave them as they are for the 'jap look' What's people's opinions?

I reckon silver with a polished rim and black bolts.

Get rid of that gold, whatever you do though! :?

Nice to see them at last!!!

I can only just remember the day you showed me them on msn - that was a long time ago !!!

Guy that looks great matey

my zorst used to knock on the Jet, thought it was on the axel, however it turned out it was the tailpipe hitting the bumper. That sounded awefull

polish the whole wheel IMO.

Now you would say that Lee eh? -

I'm quite a lazy so and so though, hence why I painted my polished inlet manifold to black so I didn't have to keep the autosol out... hence why my feelings are leaning towards Black.

It's one of those difficult occasions when I need to rely on driving the C daily and it's got loads of problems / bonnet cable / wiring / alarm / suspension knocks / but I LOVE MY C ;-) - There I've admitted it!

dark grey centres and polished lips also look good, changing from the regular black centres. theres a MK4 in pvw sept 2003 edition the one u sold me last no rice lol but they look amazing regardless of what your plans are...

Silver centres and polished outers with the black bolts gets my vote too!

agree with amit

looking good mate.. I'd also looked into jap LM rims as bro into his jap cars...

nice one :D

Thanks for all the comments chaps, I think black or silver is the way to go - Just the matter of effort to get all my wheels painted up now before the show season starts in ernest.

Anyone got a cheap contact for the BBS centre caps?