Sign in to follow this  
Stone0311

Limited mileage insurance??

As my C is my toy (second car) and i dont drive it all year round, im looking for a classic / limited mileage insurance policy.

Is anybody else been in the same situation and found a good insurance company for this kind of policy or is it not a viable option? - i.e intended for old timers with cars from 1920!

I use Chris Knott who do a 5000 mile ltd use classic policy. They knwo about ALL my mods and is under £500 a year! Not too bad I think when you consider what I've done to mine!!!

i'm getting another car soon so the rado will have to come off the road if i cant find a good policy, blue_joe how does having 2 policys work with your no claims?

£390... thats what I pay for my 12,000 miles a year fully comp now...!!!

looks like the rado will be getting garaged, cant afford that...!!! :(

I was talking to someone about this very subject today. I only really use the Corrado in the winter when it's a bit cold and the roads are too lethal to be on the bike. I taxed the car last week and checked the M.O.T. - since August 11th I've done 1900 miles. The thing is the TPF & T policy I've got is £200 a year with unlimited mileage. I doubt it'd be any cheaper with limited mileage.

blue_joe how does having 2 policys work with your no claims?

If the second policy is a classic policy then they don't take use no claims, it's based on the car. So it works out the same as if you had full no claims basically!

both my Porkers are on classic policies and i pay £285 for the 924S worth £2k and £530 on the 993 with an agreed value of £28k,both are on limited miles policies tho (3k and 5k respectively),my C is down as my main car and thats the only one that can get the NCD built up on.............the only thing tho is the last time i asked they wouldn't put my C under a classic policy as at the time it was under 10yo

DEL VR6, Ok bud.

the only thing tho is the last time i asked they wouldn't put my C under a classic policy as at the time it was under 10yo

I thought there would prob be sumin with regards to the age - mines 16yrs old now tho? dont know what insurance companys call "classic" - its prob down to what mood thier in the day you ring

which company is that with?

my 993 is with AON(i think they are PCGB approved now too) and my 924S is with Carole Nash

I pay £500 FC with protected 9yrs NCD, for a limited mileage of 5000 a year. My 2nd car is an S reg 306 TD which i pay £250TPFT with unlimited mileage... All this is with HIC. They took into account the NCD i had on my VR, and used that for the 306, even though they have to be 2 seperate policies. I still only have 3 yrs on the 306 policy, but don't pay for it. Alot of other companies wouldn't do this and wanted me to pay the full premium starting with no NCD...

Every year HIC have beaten any other quotes i've had, except last year when Elephant came close. But a quick call to them, and they beat it!

You also get track day cover as part of the policy with HIC