Sign in to follow this  
n0ftInc

Installing Airbags..

I was wondering if anyone had ever put AirBags (The "Hydrolic" Kind, Not The Safty Device) on a Corrado? How much do you suspose it would cost to do..?

And..

Could I fit 18's on without any serious modification..? Or should I settle for 17's..?

That's a first, an airbag mod to a Corrado! Can't help thinking why, though?

Even if you could fit them, the only way to be sure they'd go off is to crash the car because factory air-bag installs are optimised on the crash rig, as are the impact detectors.

18s look daft on a Corrado and all that unsprung weight and width will kill your ride and handling.

Kev

The "Hydrolic" Kind, Not The Safty Device

I think he's talking about suspension??? :?

If your going to kill your ride fitting hydraulic or Airbag suspension to a car, the 18's wont make much difference anyway, I'm guessing you wont care much?. Cheesy on here fitted them to his, ask him about clearance, but i think i've seen an American Corrado on 19's!!! :shock:

You can fit 18's without any major mods, all you have to do is remove all the plastic covers inside the archs to make em fit not sure about what hight the car should be when putting em on im guessing u wont be able to drop it much when its got em on though.

Get yourself a female that has her own big air bags! No better way to go if you ask me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get yourself a female that has her own big air bags! No better way to go if you ask me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite agree - but was just wondering if you got my message about the speedline alloy...?

Cheers,

Matt.