Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

brakes and pads together

ive been reading the threads and i see ebc pads are sh*t! so just a few questions really!

first of all i think im going to go for either the mintex m1144's or the ferodo ds 2500's as ive heard some good reports!

has anyone evewr used black diamond pads?

also i have mk4 alloy calipers on back will there be alot of difference in price and i take it ill need make 4 spec pads?

the other thing is while im at it i thought i will do the brake discs aswell!

last question lads hope not boring you, is it better to get the same discs as the make of the pads? or does this really not matter?

thanks andy

never used them but i've heard a couple of people who've tried them say that predator (black diamond) pads are fekin excellent with black diamond discs mate.

not sure about with other discs though.

had EBC pads.. pile of shit!

running zimmerman cross drilled discs allround.. with pagid pads.. no probs at..

cheers lads thats the kind of info wanna hear anyone used the black diamond disk & pad set up?

Yep, I've used them on my VR before one of the calipers siezed. Now sold & being used by ZippyVR6, who tells me he's also happy with them.

first of all i think im going to go for either the mintex m1144's or the ferodo ds 2500's as ive heard some good reports!

M1144s eat discs and Ferodo 2500s are very naughty (£££s) but nice!!

EBC Green Sh1t do have a good initial bite though, I'll credit them with that, and no brake dust either.

For good all round braking and value, I'd go with Pagid Fast Road pads and Brembo discs from GSF. The combo works well and they don't cost much.

If cost is no object, stick some Endless carbon metallic pads in.....they're dusty and noisy as feck, but they stop you dead!

I've got Pagid FR pads with VAG steel and they work very well, but initial bite isn't as good as some when they're cold and they do chuck out a fair bit of dust.

while we are on the subject of brakes , i recentley got hold of a porters mighty manual . wow how confusing is it. does any one know the model of calipers on my 1.8 valver 91 . i think they are standard as they look well old any thoughts peeps.

wes

Wheres the cheapest place for the pagids nowadays? Im needing a set for the back. (mk4 calipers.)

so lads does anyone else run the same brake disc and pad set up and is really happy with performance cheers andy

I've got Tarox discs and pads on mine and find the performance of both are fantastic