Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

*****URGENT STONE CHIP HELP NEEDED****

having some major issues atm has on the way back from ultimate dub show i got a big chip on the bonnet and it seems t have "ripped" the paint off... anyone know the best way to touch this up...

i did touch it up today and wet sanded it and then compunded, G10, polish, wax, etc, etc but it came out $h1t and took the touch up off as it was way to soft!!!! its quite deep gone through to the metal!!!! any advice would be appreciated..

i need this sorted asap, the chip is not big abt 1cm long MAX but its bang in the middle of the bonnet so it will stand out like a sore thumb..

i dont have the use of a PC or any buffer,,, but if its the only way i could call in a favour...

I found a great link when I was at work a few months back mate on a great way to fill in / touch up individual scuffs and scratches. Looked a little time consuming but the guy doing the write up seemed like a real guru and the repair looked flawless.

I'll try remeber to post it up tomorrow morning!

nice one mate i need to sort it tomorrow.... i dont mind spending time doing it just has to be done perfect

rather DIY it mate,,, got enough stuff here to do it just need the technique sorted... will take it to the bodyshop in the afternoon for a quick fix if i cant get it sorted, dont really want it to be painted AGAIN :mad:

im guessing that if you want to sand touch up paint its gonna need a while to cure just like any paint. is it not 2 weeks before you use compound?

Black marker pen ? :wink:

its most likely following you that caused this,,, cheeky feckker

Gotta similar problem meself - chipped right through to bare metal - bloody gritters no doubt....how much do these chipsaway people charge then?

EDIT: contacted them via email - they got back to me fairly quickly - but were honest enough to admit that for a proper job I need a respray £60 for touchup job

thanks jim thats great,,, unortunately i tried all that yesterday but am trying ti all again today, i think it be ok just need to be a lot more patient then yesterday

Every body shop I speak to says they wouldn't go near chips away or equvilant. All they doo is fill it with knife filler and touch it over.

What they've said (now 3 bodyshops, all ins approved and one a mate)

"It'll look good for a few weeks but then you'll be bringing it in here to get it done properly and it'll cost you more + the chips away cost! Don't bother and do it right from day one!"

i done it earlier jus touched it up and compunded it back its ok not 100% but ohh well theres abt 3 more lil ones since monday now anyways... thats what happens when its a daily drive and slammmed so low

nah im cool, cheers for the offer though,, i might get mine painted in a diff colour soon anyways

nah im cool' date=' cheers for the offer though,, i might get mine painted in a diff colour soon anyways[/quote']

beige with beige centres rims.. & cowprint seats :lol: