Sign in to follow this  
GinaG

insurance claim problem after problem

Hi, hoping you can give me some help, never had a claim before,

car got crashed into Oct 1 1995, 5 months+ ago.

It went to approved repairers, i got it back 2 weeks ago.

Alarm, indicators, hazard lights wernt working, went back, got it back last weekend, alarm not working still and water dispenser for windscreen is broken and theres an air noise coming from engine, misfire, stutter. . .

I think they're incompetent as i had had to source parts for the car myself and surely it wasnt roadworthy when they first gave it me back, ive asked for it to be put in VW to be repaired.

Getting told it has to go back to Approved repairers?

Does anyone know any different??

I'm sure you've got the right to take it anywhere you like to get it fixed - just that your insurance company might not give you a hire car if you dont go through their approved monkeys.

dont back down, its your car, they HAVE to return it to the condition it was in before the accident. If the place repairing it has done a sh*t job TWICE, then demand it be taken to another repair place, its likely there will be another one in your area. TBH if you're willing to battle it out with the insurance company for a few weeks you could probably get them to take it to VW, but it'd be a hard battle.

I think you've got a strong case to prove the 'approved repairers' are a bunch of muppets.

if all else fails threaten them with the insurance ombudsman. A division of the financial ombudsman service who specifically sort out disputes between insurers and customers.

best of luck!