Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Whos Lights?

Like Phil said, me and him did this aaaaaaaaaaaaages ago, and did a write-up on how to do it, before the Wiki was even there... ;):razz: heheh

If you want to get a set of lights and post them to me, I'll happily do them for you for a few beers!

I did this with my standard lights before I but the Inpro's on!

All I used was car pinstriping from halfrauds and indicator tint paint. I actually used 2 tins and put lots of thin layers to get a good finish. It did look very good but prefered the look of the clear and red inpros on a black C

I read the wiki, but this post was more about legality of them rather than 'how do you do it'. I wouldn't do it myself because of lack of time and a bodyshop owes me a favour, so can get them to do it. (although standard is looking better all the time).

By law a car must have reflectors on the back, so if the rear lights are fully smoke tinted then this is illegal unless you have aftermarket reflectors fitted elsewhere...

yeah, thats fine but has anyone actually had a prob with being stopped because of their lights being tinted? My previous C had them done on the top half and I had no probs, and they were rather dark. The indicator was still clearly flashing orange through the tint.

Dave has the crystal and smoked fk's/inpros (cant remember) and its nearly impossible to see the indicator flashing when he is braking, i've missed turns when following him a few times as I've not been able to see the fact he was indicating because he was slowing down - not good...! :roll:

IIRC kev had to rub his off after being stopped by the cops..

He rubbed who off!?

Is this something which a competant bodyshop could do? I would hope so.

Should be mate otherwise don't pay 'em!!! I did this on another car I had about 10 years ago;I just usd some very fine pinstriping tape from halfords etc., and some light tinting paint. It was a peice of cake and I really haven't got the patience when it comes to spray painting!! :oops:

From a distance the lights looked all red, but close up, were a set of indiators and a reverse light all legal. Cheapest mod I ever did, I think!