Sign in to follow this  
smiff

Exhaust Mounts

Over many years of Corrado ownership I've replaced my perished mounts/hangers countless times. I've always replaced like for like, as the standard mounts are only a £1 each. I have a standard (heavy) VW exhaust.

What I'd like to know, has anyone used the Powerflex High Performance Mounts? How long do they last?

Are there any other makes of polyurethane Mounts that are recommended?

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/exhaust.asp

Cheers Smiffy

i remember reading on here about some rubbers with chains in them available from ford for not much... i just use a large cable tie, to `help` the rubber

I've found a couple of American web sites selling the Chain type hangers, but no UK companies?

The chain hangers are a standard Ford part - about £3 each...

The Milltek exhaust on my TDi was getting thru standard hangers every 3 months as the fit if the middle box is so stretched, I changed to the chain type and these lasted but the rubber was still ripped apart after another 3 months, I then had some yellow powerflex stuck on at Stealth and they cured the knocking noises on the rear axle and I checked them today while doing the fuel filter and they are still fine (fitted about 6 months ago) so I'd reccomened these!

Thank you 'Supercharged' that's what I needed to hear.

One more thing (without going home to look!) how many are there all together?

Looking at the Powerflex web site;

I definetly need at least One 'EXH 006 75mm' for the rear box.

and Two 'EXH 007 75mm'.

I'm not so sure as to how many I need nearer the front of the system? (If any?)

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/exhaust.asp

Thank you

It's hard to say with different systems etc, I think mine has 5 all together with 2 of these in the same place...

There are also different types so you may want to have a look underneath first - most 'max power' type auto shops sell these....

you can get the chain hangers from c&r enterprise. but expect to pay more than £3 .!

bobbins. absolutly no knocking or movement. been on for over 2 years never need replacing. i'll try and find some pics.

bobbins. absolutly no knocking or movement. been on for over 2 years never need replacing. i'll try and find some pics.

i'd be interested in pics too.

Also, slightly O/T but are the mounting points of the hook design an bar design universal? i have a "hook" exhaust but cars A "bar" design, can i just bolt on "hook" hangers?

I've been thinking of uprated exhaust mounts for my VR6. Would these bobbins be suitable and where would I get some from?

well i had to groung off the rear hanger and weld a plate on. these are exhaust bobbins from a mini.