Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Corrado Mk4-Golf-Reverse style white dials (old thread)

INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?

• White by day / Black by night
    • Black by day / Black by night

Yeah I thought we were going for black dials so as to look as standard. That was the reason for basically keeping them the same style as the factory items.

Well, I've always used the first post as a guage (ha-de-ha) on what the deal comprised of.

I have added a Poll to the first post - asking whether BUYERS want white dials by day, or black dials by day. Please, only BUYERS respond to the poll. No point if random people screw up a group-buy not involving them!

Then, when that is decided, we can progress with the lighting :)

Is it still ok, to join this group buy? I've been following this thread to see how the dials will turn out, but now it is down to a vote.

Have just a couple of questions, which are probably too late to ask, I'll try anyways

1) Is "Corrado" going to be kept on one of the dials?

2) Is the colour of the dials at night going to be Golf mark IV blue, or the more sophisticated whitish blue of Audis?

Thanks,

Rica

Andi? White dials + UV light = VERY BRIGHT dials at night... :? :shock: :roll:

I agree ,white dials and uv light dont go together ( white is a bit boy racer-ish :wink: ) standard black with a few tweeks is the way to go :roll:

I'd like black by day and night dials. Not a fan of white dials. Not really worried about the rest. Like the UV needles should look good.

Or should that be, proper Bo :lol:

Is it still ok, to join this group buy? I've been following this thread to see how the dials will turn out, but now it is down to a vote.

Have just a couple of questions, which are probably too late to ask, I'll try anyways

1) Is "Corrado" going to be kept on one of the dials?

2) Is the colour of the dials at night going to be Golf mark IV blue, or the more sophisticated whitish blue of Audis?

Thanks,

Rica

I will speak with SR when the time comes about possible designs - maybe get them to do 2 or 3 for us to choose from? We'll see.. The white illumination ones did look pretty cool, but as far as I know, then indiglo dials have to be blue illuminescense, with patches of red for redline, etc.

And yes, I plan on keeping Corrado on the rev. counter - and glow it in the dark too :)

The dials on the VWVORTEX site are fantastic style :shock:

Does anybody agree or is it just me?

Yeah, they look pretty cool - but how are they back-lit?

id rather have black by day

the small subtle mods are the way forward

#

Agreed

The dials on the VWVORTEX site are fantastic style :shock:

Does anybody agree or is it just me?

Yeah, they look pretty cool - but how are they back-lit?

If they're the ones I've seen on Vortex then they're the Zarman ones, which I imagine are indiglos. Really like the aluminium rings around them, they remind me a little of the minimal T350 dials.

BTW Andi what sort of starter button did you fit?

I voted for white dials, but after whats been said about brightness I've changed my mind :oops:

black please :D

Thera

I agree CorradoVR6,

The VWVORTEX dials are rather gorgeous :)

Rica

I tend to agree... How can we get 160mph ones and deg. C instead though?

thats the thing, youd probaby have to get em custom made which is exactly what your doing at the moment to aNY spec you guys want. and probably a third of the price if you guys are gonna get them at the original price posted?

Andi,

Well, you've done a lot of work and I appreciate that. It seems this 'Zarman'

person on the Vortex forums seems to 'make' stuff like this to an extent. He also

advertises for this Dub Designs in his sig. Worth asking him?

But yes, don't definitely want to undermine the hours and money you've put in

this already!

Rica

I think Zarman is signed up on this forum, dont think hes ever posted though.

The dials in the "new glow dials" thread look really nice and the glowing interior portion of the dial does away with the non-illuminated needle problem. Are the two lcd displays not back lit? If so is there any way to back light them? This relatively simple mod seems to be fraught with probs.

Just been browseing through this post, are you still taking people andy? just wondering are we getting custom dials made for the forum or using the ones from the first page? just id like some for my C but want em to look like the originals (7000rpm red line - 160mph clocks ect) only in white not black, look really smart