Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Controversial - Which type of Corrado has the best sound?

Right this is gonna be good one for arguments! :agrue:

I've had two Corrados - a 16v and now the VR - I absolutely love the noise! First night I took it out and above 3000rpm - you could not wipe the grin of my face and it still makes me smile!

I've never really heard the G60 though. But I loved my valver too - nice and throaty - popped and burbed like a Porsche too!

Likewise, Im looking forward to hearing a g60 on full chat at the RR day, But personally I love the sound of a VR from a lowdown grumble to a full blown roar. still gets me grinning.

I have to say, there's nothing like the sound of that charger.

I prefer the drive of a VR6 personaly, but that noise ..Mmmmmmm...that noise....The more I drive the g60 the more I like it ( can't wait to have the charger done now so I can drive it a bit harder )

lads my g60 is v.loud above 3k its a bit blowy under that! but then does sound nice as you will all hear at ythe rr day i have heard that the vr with a charger is something different again so cant wait to hear that too!

Yeah, i'd imagine a charged VR would sound pretty awesome

I heard that a VR with a Vortech Supercharger sounds like a Jet Plane!

Until very recently, i thought it was a VR6 with a Magnex system,and a K&N induction kit. (Cos thats what mine has and it sounds amazing)

That was until i heard Kev Haywires car at Stealth.

That simply blew my mind, and that makes Kev's the best sounding Corrado.

has anyone heard one of the BBM chargers???

even at idle it is almost uncomfortably loud with the bonnet open - excellent!

They're a bit tooo loud for me :lol: ..You have to not care about being noticed driving one of those around..People think there's something wrong with the car :lol:

have to agree with andy a 16vg60 is an aweaome sound, especially at full revs, better than a charged vr,

You have to not care about being noticed
- says the man with a Nugget G60

:D

:oops:

Touche

A G60 with a nice free flowing exhaust and toothed belt drive can sound half reasonable

Wait for Sunday... I'm interested what people will make of the sound of my little G with this G-werks head on it... it sounds like an american dragster on tickover (very lumpy sounding, yet very smooth) and then under load you get the whine from the toothed belt, the growl from the supercharger and the induction through the air box upto a scream as she gets over 4.5K...

I keep wanting to find tunnels to blat through with the windows down at the moment... the noise is almost as good as actually driving her! :lol: