Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

German and Swedish rads..........

I bought a GSF rad assuming it would be cheaper than VAG (£128!) but when I got it out of the box and saw it was painted black, I took it back and got a VAG one which also came with the top elbow bit (the GSF one didn't).

It actually worked out at only a few £ more than the GSF one (but then I do know a man... ;) )

The euro car parts ones are OK, mine has been on for a few years with no problems. The one which was supplied looked identical to the OE one and was £95.

Yeah - to be honest have never heard good things about the GSF rads! I've gradually come to the conclusion that OE stuff costs more for a good reason over the years.. and things like this only go to back that up!

Car looks bloody clean though mate! :)

Have ordered a VW rad. Will be in Wednesday. What do we recon the chances of a refund are from GSF??? I still have the reciept. This shouldnt happen to a rad that's only 10 months old after 5,000 miles.

And Jim, yeah the car was clean as I was on my way home after picking it up from the bodyshop!! (see my members gallery thread)

You can but ask - would be surprised if they didn't offer 12 months warranty on parts like that!

Bloody hell im glad it didnt go whilst i was delivering it to the paint shop... Youl would of blamed me then...:lol:

You're lucky VW managed to GET a VR6 rad. They were telling me it was going to be months before they could get a genuine one.

You're lucky VW managed to GET a VR6 rad. They were telling me it was going to be months before they could get a genuine one.

Your local stealers do seem to be pretty useless - telling you parts are obsolete, when they're just on back-order from Germany, telling you parts are going to take months to get hold of etc...

Yeah, thats arse. I phoned VW today and am getting the rad on wednesday!

I'm blaming G-werks for my rad. I reckon those swines took the vr out for a caining while I was at the beach.... the bonnet was a little warm when I got back... hmmmm..

Your local stealers do seem to be pretty useless - telling you parts are obsolete, when they're just on back-order from Germany, telling you parts are going to take months to get hold of etc...

Sad fact is my local dealer runs the parts dept to feed their service dept (and because it's a requirement of the franchise), no other reason. Punters can go get screwed if they want to get work done elsewhere, frankly.

The annoying thing is they're very very handy ..

I now have an ECP rad on my car.

I now have an ECP rad on my car.

not such a bad thing..... i tend to find ecp better than gsf generally. service and stock levels down here is better from ecp 8)

If there are ever parts your stealer messes you around for dr_mat lemme know.. i'm happy to source them from mine (usually with a discount too) and post them over.. at least where its practical to do so! :)

Scary stuff on rads here:

Have replaced the rad on my Mk1 Rocco with a GSF part (but making sure I was guided by SteveMac at GSF, so I wouldn't get duff parts), and I have replaced the one on my Mk2 Storm Rocco with an ECP part. Let's see which one lasts longer :lol:

Tempest

Yeah, it's worth noting that not all GSF rads are the same - they just buy up stock of whatever ones happen to be cheapest at the time.

Doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a good one, but you may chance across a better one rather than a dud...

I've had a GSF rad for my G60 before and it was fine until an incident with a Sang-Yyong Muso... :(

I'm currently using a EuroCarParts one as they had one in stock when I needed it and it's been fine... 8)