Sign in to follow this  
Top_gear

Top Gear looking for a VR6

Hey all,

Top Gear is looking for a mint unmodified Corrado VR6 (ideally a Storm) for a feature in the upcoming 3rd series.

If you have one, and wouldnt mind seeing it on the programme, please drop me an email at mailto:[email protected].

Cheers in advance,

Rowland

(And you wouldn't mind seeing the hell thrashed out of it by "the stig" and Clarkson comparing it unfavourably to the Ford Feces and the Alfa one-four-seven gee-tee-aaayy..)

Hey all,

Top Gear is looking for a mint unmodified Corrado VR6 (ideally a Storm) for a feature in the upcoming 3rd series.

If you have one, and wouldnt mind seeing it on the programme, please drop me an email at mailto:[email protected].

Cheers in advance,

Rowland

Would you let them play with YOUR Black Mk2 T-bar MR2? :lol:

...ain't google wonderful.

Sorry, only playing and I was checking this wasn't some wind-up. Similar details appeared on the club GTi forum last year...

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/topic.asp? ... IC_ID=3704

DtM.

Suspicious, moi?

:mrgreen:

Dear all,

The car is for a shoot about modern classics, so the Corrado isnt being compared to any other car.

And I own a black mkII MR2, so we wouldnt be asking for one those!

Cheers,

Rowland

And I own a black mkII MR2, so we wouldnt be asking for one those!

...t'was your MR2 I was referring to old bean... :roll:

...and it was a semi-serious question...

:mrgreen:

Id like to see my car on tele, but its not mint and its not a vr6 lol oh well ill have to hope and pray that maybe they'll take it off me for the next series of scrap heap challenge :lol:

Just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my posting. I've never had such a quick and positive reply from a forum before - so loads of respect to you Corrado lot :)

All of the cars I've been sent are gorgeous, and its a real shame we cant just film all of them. However, the whole of the editorial team here are big fans of the Corrado (our editor took the final Storm made to a museum in Germany), and this will not be the last time we do something with it.

Once again, thanks for all your positive replies, and do all tune in for the 3rd series!

Kind Regards,

Rowland

BBC Top Gear :D

Keep plugging the Corrado, guys, we're all praying you can stabilise late model VR6 2nd hand values a little... ;) ;)

The researcher I spoke to yesterday said that they've got a crew lined

up on Friday (was to shoot a Lambo but it fell through at the last

minute) and they'd always meant to get round to doing a piece on the

Corrado ("modern classic" to use his words). Seeing as they're free on

Friday, they want to try and get the Corrado piece finally sorted.

He did sound genuinely knowledgable and respectful of the Corrado

though, so who knows? And he said he was pleased with the postitive

response he'd receieved so far from various Corrado owners.

He can't say when it will go to air, as they don't know when they'll

fit it in the series yet... but he will let us know as soon as they know...

Rowland,

Any chance of arranging something for a small bunch of the forum members to come down on a day of filming the next series? Always wanted to be part of the studio audience and have tried to get tickets before.. just without any success :(

Plus it'd give something for Jeremy to poke fun at.. 'enthusiasts' and other people with beards ;)

I hear some of the Top Gear boys are over on the Isle of Man very shortly.

I assume they'll have some cars and shut part of the TT course - probably the mountain road. Though I've no idea what they're driving.

It would be nice to see a bunch of us on tv with r nice C's in a line givein Clarkson grief :lol: :evil:

If so i'd be in it. :D

Morph

Need peace from boy racers :lol:

Just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my posting. I've never had such a quick and positive reply from a forum before - so loads of respect to you Corrado lot :)

All of the cars I've been sent are gorgeous, and its a real shame we cant just film all of them. However, the whole of the editorial team here are big fans of the Corrado (our editor took the final Storm made to a museum in Germany), and this will not be the last time we do something with it.

Once again, thanks for all your positive replies, and do all tune in for the 3rd series!

Kind Regards,

Rowland

BBC Top Gear :D

#

ooh cant wait till the next series now..possibly see another c in it like rowland here says, goddam the bbc are great !:D

(p.s. sorry for bringing up a OOLD post lol)

Holy thread timewarp batman..

Anywho, yeah, would be nice to see something else come up. Fingers crossed they'll do another Corrado article of some sort :)

Jim - Exactly what I was going to ask!!! It would be good that if on the day of the feature a few of us Corrado enthuiasts could come and watch!!!

I was so confused there... was thinking haven't top gear already done this...?

But yeah would be good to see the corrado still being apprieciated

Surely the Corrado VR6 will be king of it's 1990 competitors, it beat the 200sx and Probe V6 handds down, and the MK2 MR2 no probs. I guess not everyone knows that tho, since it is becoming a rarer car all the time. Mine tidies up pretty well but there are far better examples out there, on this forum. Can someone give an example that has a couple of undetectable mods so they think it's even better than it is? LOL, you know, uprated bushes, short throw gear change, up rated pads and top tyres, that sort of thing.

My G60 used to look very standard, but with the addition of an FMIC, chip, smaller pulley, fettled charger, quickshift, tarox discs & pagid pads, koni's, poly bushing, lightweight wheels and decent tyres it was definately much much fruitier than a standard G60 and was quite a nice fast road / track machine.. as some much heavier machinery found out. Proudest items on the kill list were Mercedes E320, BMW 325i (new shape), and Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo ;)

wow, Fiat Coupe 20VT Ay? good stuff. The Corrado VR6 will also see off the 325i no probs tho.

What would be really cool tho, is if someone secretly slips them (top gear) a vr with schrick & 268 cams, I would like to go to the studio aswell, to bring down that JC down a peg or two when he starts running his mouth off to the audience, as funny as it is to watch.

I would like to go to the studio aswell, to bring down that JC down a peg or two when he starts running his mouth off to the audience, as funny as it is to watch.

you do realise that this has been and gone?? :wink: