Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

New wheels 7inch/195 wide Interesting INFO found!

hi all i have just brought my new rims they are 7inches across! can i just clarify the tyre that will fit?

was thinking a 195/40/16 would fit but am un sure of the 195 bit?

would this be rite?

and also does anyone run a stretch on there 7" wheels and what strtch would i get away with as i need a stretch to be able to get it lower than furkz and ballys!

cheers lads andy

ah cheers guys hopefully have my new alloys up and running next month! can you go any smaller than 195's does anyone know if they sell 190's or 185's and will these fit?

cheers bazza what tyre's you running there? the only 3 tyre's i can seem to get a price for on the 195/40/16's is the

pirelli pzero nero

dunlop sp9000

continental sport contact 2

my mate who works for a tyre fitters will do me 4 p-zero nero;s for £352.00 fitted and thats with quite a big discount! and everywhere esle i can find them for no cheaper than £100.00 a corner fitted so looks like im going with p-zero's they better last for ages at that price though i tell ya!

how much do you all normally spend on a tyre?

Im running firestones on my winter wheels [pictured]. they're cheap and kept me out of trouble in a fairly poor winter.

I have pzero neros on my borbets.. but being that they're 17" they work out a lot cheaper. i paid £280ish for a set of four. The price youve been given im guessing is about right for 16"s

Have a look on mytyres.co.uk, i just found these, which they deliver and you get fitted. however, i have no hesitation in recommending pzeros... just dont expect them to last long!

Continental

Summer tyres SportContact 2

195/40 ZR16 80W XL with rim protection

With mytyres.co.uk only £ 69.60

I'd have thought you'd need 195/45 though...?

I was thinking that as well... 205/40 or 195/45

imho 40's make the wheels look too small, on my rs' i have 195 45 16 and they are horn!! but thats me, tbh i know bal and furk have gone to the max with height versus wheel placement in the arch if you want lower the wheels are gonna look stupid and 'sunken' in the arch. at edition last year furks had dropped it a bit more and every time he touched the brake the chin spoiler scraped the ground cool fo a show rubbish for go!

If anyone knows this then no worries but i found it very interesting & helpful!

I just yesterday spoke to my dad about some new tyres he said speak to his mate so i gave him a ring and he wasnt there so my dad forwarded his email to me! I then sent him what tyre i was after and asked him if this was right! he then replied very swiftly! 1st he asked me what size the very first tyre ever put on the corrado was so that he could gauge the rolling circumfrence.

He then asked what size my new wheels were I replied 16's,

his reply then was.

Andrew

I will forward prices for 215/40 R16. Do make sure you have the clearance for the additional 20 mm width. Do also let your insurance compant know you are changing the wheels. They will invariable annul the policy otherwise.

These tyres offer only 3 revolutions in the mile difference with 0.4% difference on the speedo reading ie when you are traveling at 60 mph you speedo will read 60.2 mph.

If you wish to discuss the merits of any particular brand do not hesitate in calling.

He then emailed me a full price list of every tyre they sell in this size!

very interesting and very helpful allthough my first thoughts were to as low and smooth as possible i may change my view!

hope this is of some help to someone with a G!

I understand this chaps an expert and I wouldnt claim to be anything of the sort myself, but you 'may' have scrubbing issues on full lock with 215's. I had 205's on my 8x17's and they allowed for full lock with no scrubbing, theres no way i would have got away with 215's.

You'll probably find very little difference in accuracy between a 195 and a 215, although its interesting to see his calculations. keep in mind that speedos are generally innacurate to a figure of +/- 10% anyway.

0.4% difference is actually very close.

im running 17"s and the difference is 3.4% [speedo 60mph actual 62.1]

good of him to info you up though!