Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

MK6 Golf!

Picked up a copy of autoexpress over the weekend with a MK6 golf on the front! - can't believe no one has started a thread about this yet!

Looks real enough to me from the pics and it's interesting as just as the mkV had started to grow on me since the GTi came out, there are still a few styling bits I don't quite like and these seem to have been fixed looking at the pics...

2008 release set which has been brought fwd as the MKV is not making much money due to it's build quality being 'too' high! - just seems strange as if i was a mk4 owner looking to upgrade I'd probably now wait for the new mark...

Please send me a high res version of your avatar so I can goad my friend who likes Kelly Clarkson.

Thank you.

Looks ok from the front but need to see the all important 'rear shot' before commenting any more...

Supercharged, your avatar is really putting me off my breakfast! :pukeright:

it looks ALOT like an A3, in fact if you took the VW badge off and asked me to guess which it was, I'd get it wrong.

Probability says it wont look like that once its finalised anyway.

ok, so you've got rid of the pics, oh well.

in teh magazine it looks sweet as from the rear and side, i really like it, much better than the mk5

Looks ok from the front but need to see the all important 'rear shot' before commenting any more...

Here some more, including the rear shot, looks a bit different from the autoexpress cover from the front though, wonder why that is?

goflmk6.jpg

golfmk6.jpg

There seems to be a few different looks here http://www.3harts.nl/VWgolfVI/

Robbo

think i read somewhere that the 1.4 version mkvi had a charger and a turbo? should be interesting!

think i read somewhere that the 1.4 version mkvi had a charger and a turbo? should be interesting!

Thats 1.4 TSI engine is already available on the mkV - the mkV will use a 2 litre verison of it!!!

I hear rumours of an R36???

Yup, its getting the 3.6 v6 out of the passat. between 280-300 bhp.

0-60mph - 6 secs

19 inch Lamborghini Gallardo still rims. Looks the dog $$£$^ in black.

Supposed to be more driver focused and less refined than the R32 due to the R32's lack of character!

Coming out early next year. The final flagship before the mk6 comes out.

T.