Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

H8RRA- a 'mate' snaps your bottom chain-what do you do?

congrats man, cool sound and car :)

thanks - and thanks for the pic of your manifold - i took the "easier" option.... ;)

....present state - OH MY GAWD!!!!!!

7031e97d.jpg

cfcard010.jpg

11db8c0a.jpg

thought it was about time the bodywork got addressed as I've been loath to take the car out with the body not matching the performance........ hopefully the results will be good - will see over the next week.

possibly THE most impressive VR6 engine in the UK.

Nice work.

bloody hell - i'm quite embarrassed by that statement - just keep tinkering and put a bit of thought into the development path before starting really - cheers paul - wouldn't mind catching up with yours mind, on the drive (4wd) side - wish i had the time to progress things that you seem to have.

Looking good chap! Are those arches flared?

nope - probably just the crappy stone chip black paint making the arch stand out more visually (it was the only thing i had that was black when the wing was repaired and primered :oops: )

nice to see someone lead loading instead of that modern filler stuff, nice one paul, a man after my own heart ... do it properly and do it once :thumbleft:

:wink: brother-in-law started as a panel beater with rover from school and knows all the tricks - great source of help and info ;)

the other spin is that we're prepping the car and the place he works for is charging me £20 / hr (overhead recovery only) for the painting, professionally done at their large, insurance repair centre workshop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top class respray for about 4/5 hrs reduced labour rate £80-100 quid

Go-on - i know everyone REAAALLLLYY REEEAAAAALLLLY hates me now 8)

Go-on - i know everyone REAAALLLLYY REEEAAAAALLLLY hates me now

nah, i dont hate you, you have to make a bit of luck in this life and you obviously have done that ............. fecking jammy ars*hole :lol:

Paul, I need to come up and see you now mate. Looks like you are doing a cracking job on the bodywork, and as you know, mine is in a similar state to yours.

I want to come and see lead loading in action, and get some tips

nice work paul, I didnt think the bodywork was 'that' bad to start with, it always looked good all polished up, maybe thats just your buffing technique! when its all done its not only going to be one of the best VR engines in the UK, its going to look the part too. Magazine feature for sure, if you like that sort of thing ;)

:thumb right: Good stuff mate, would love to have a go in this monster :cool:

What's next for it then?

the projects probably half way from the original concept but don't know whether i'll go all the way - i've got pistons drwan up and a surce to get them custom-made-forged with con-rods and a rebore to take it to 3.3 ish, amongst other things

new pics on first page with paint update - due to new job, its taking longer than expect as i'm away from home but hopefully worth it....

cfcard017.jpg

I'd say leave it like that, proper mad max style! You know it'll be worth the effort though Paul, and it'll make it a real show winner in every sense

don't think the local constabulary would like that look, chris 8) - no indicators, lights, rear window, sunroof etc.......but hopefully, they couldn't catch me anyway ;)

P6170030.jpg

well, as you can see from the dates of the posts, this respray has turned into a right saga and the car has sat for many a week and missed all of the shows that i wanted to go to. went to the bodyshop to remove the corrado from the "oven" today, finally, and start putting back together

couldn't find my camera so here's some mobile shot teasers until i find a decent camera and start flatting it etc... it aint been flattened or polished or anything yet but looking promsing. very BLACK :)

First sight of the job - all component parts waiting to be put back on

23092006.jpg

....and in the other bay, the car, waiting to be fettled and put back together

23092006002.jpg

door handles - came out really well and look superb on a black 'c' - glad i didn't go flush

23092006019.jpg

components, OSV style mods

23092006014.jpg

23092006012.jpg

23092006011.jpg

23092006009.jpg

23092006008.jpg

23092006005.jpg

23092006004.jpg

Can't wait to get some decent shots when its more complete

a shot coming back from the paint shop. lots to do to get it to its best - and the interior is minging!!!!!!! Quite pleased with the results. :)

P9240023.jpg