Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

VAG Discounts...

For all those out there that have VAG discounts how did you manage to get it? Just from sheer number of parts you've bought, through a club gti discount for club members, you're part of a garage, you're all a group of masons???

Just wonder 'cos I want one!!!

Just ask!

I just asked them over the phone if you get a discount for being in the corrado club when i ordered a part and they said yes! im not even in the club and they never asked to see any proof when i went in.

They probably think "hes got a Corrado so he will spending a lot on parts!" :cry:

Every time i go in now they give me a discount without even asking :D

knowing the long serving parts man by first name, from simply buying so many parts over the last 15 years helps; I think we're getting 1.5 percent .Added each year, lol, 8)

I work in the motor trade but for another manufacturer. I just say Im in the trade and they give me the parts at trade prices. I have never had to show any identification, just say who Im from. I imagine if you just say youre from a local dealer and say their name, they will give you trade prices!

If anyone in the Hampshire region struggles with this, just let me know and I'll be happy to get you the parts for trade prices!

Ive mentioned CCGB and asked for a discount a few times now without any success

Think the dealers I my area are just tight-fisted :2gunfire:

15min north of Waterlooville

If you know of any dealers that would be more likely to give a discount that would be excellent

15min north of Waterlooville

If you know of any dealers that would be more likely to give a discount that would be excellent

I have had discount of 10% from White Rose in Petersfield and Peter Cooper in Portsmouth using a CCGB card which they don't always want to see.

What discount do "trade" get?

Bare faced cheek usually works and deep breaths and wincing expressions.

Before I got to know my dealer well (they now give me 10% off without prompting) I told them I wasn't paying £125 for VR6 HT leads - after they'd ordered them in especially - so they knocked them down to £95 inc VAT :-)

If you don't ask, you don't get ;-)

What discount do "trade" get?

- 17.5% + 5% IIRC. But traders can claim back the VAT (but still charge the customer!) if they gross more than £52K p/a.

No problem Andy - just let me know....

I go to Peter Cooper in Hedge End because thats the nearest to me. They dont give an outright % when it comes to discount. Each item has a different % off it when it comes to giving trade prices. When I purchased two rear brake discs from them recently, it came to just over £30 + VAT. I think they are normally £22 each - so it was a saving. I just tell them Im from Hendys and pay cash. There is no need to get Hendy's to raise them a purchase order as it saves them time, Hendys time and besides, I can't claim back the VAT either way.

The percentage discount seems to depend on the actual part purchased. I get discounts of between 10% and 17% from my local dealer. For some reason they can give me more discount on some things than others.

Yeah, things like coilpacks, Leads etc usually get heavily discounted. But anything trim related doesn't have so much of a margin.

10% available off vag parts, available from................me pm if interested, would have to buy parts from my franchise though in s.wales.