Sign in to follow this  
aide

Car Data .co.uk

have just been given an offer of a car i can't refuse and as such have to sell the vr - after only seven months :(

stuck it on autotrader and i've been receiving phone calls from an outfit cardata.co.uk, they basically say they have buyers for my car in Belfast, but that in order to register and for car data to arrange viewings i need to pay them £99 which is refunded if the purchasers go through with the deal and arranges finance, spookily enough car data are also credit brokers.... that's how they make their money apparently.

it sounds half credible, but i'm concious they'll run with £99 and forget about the selling part or refund - he's giving it the hard sell, is he trying to pull my pants down :!: :?:

have done search on here and internet with no adverse results - anyone any ideas?!

cheers :D

It's a scam!

My mother gave one of these cunts £70 with the same promise ( " we have people in your area waiting for a car like yours " etc etc ) and never got a call from them again, and didn't manage to get her £70 back either :roll:

Stay away, sucks what happened to your mum Walesy :(

Why not have a play with these gits, I always do, be annoying to them on the phone etc.

Had one bloke kept ringing my mum for a new phone, rang her 6 times in one day! So I answered it and said some things, and he went away :D

ok cheers for the mega quick replies!

....am definitely going to have some fun with this guy, string him along for a few weeks and then call him a gullible feck for believing i was still interested in his scam :)

sucks what happened to your mum Walesy

Serves her right for being gullible ! :lol:

It's just them things, I remember I always used to take to take interest in all these good deals till I knew a friend got done by one, -£100 he was.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!

ok cheers for the mega quick replies!

....am definitely going to have some fun with this guy, string him along for a few weeks and then call him a gullible feck for believing i was still interested in his scam :)

:cheers:

my m8 got f**ked over by the same sort of thing when he was trying to sell his scooby! not only did they releave him of 140 notes but he neva heard from them or any buyers! so he cut his losses and ended up sellin it for full price to someone who saw it in tescos!

JUST DONT DO IT!

Walesy, mum and sucks all in one sentence, nice one 16v! :lol:

Walesy, mum and sucks all in one sentence, nice one 16v! :lol:

LMAO oh dear, even I didn't see it that way!

I think cardata.co.uk is part owned by the nigerian royal family ;)

This company (or a very similar one) was on Watchdog last year, they had undercover reporters working for them that exposed what a complete load of b*llocks it all is. Apparantly some people have sold cars with them but they are in a TINY minority, the buyers they supposedly have don't exist.

found to my dismay that you only get the money back if you or the buyer of your car use them for financing.

['H3R4POR]

found to my dismay that you only get the money back if you or the buyer of your car use them for financing.

...and the buyers don't exist :x

I advertised my mums lupo in the autotrader a few months ago then got a phone call from one of these numpties asking me to part with 70 notes for them to sell it for me. I told them id just paid the autotrader so i'll wait for it to sell in there first.

I got another phone call a couple of days later asking if i'd got a buyer for it, which i replied 'no', cheeky b*stard then said 'i didnt think so' and put the phone down on me :lol:

I always wondered why most adverts in there now say 'no canversers' ect..

I got the same thing when I was trying to sell my Corsa years ago - I got loads of calls from these muppets. Strangely enough when I said if they're so confident they can find me a buyer, why don't they just take their commission from the sale price they weren't too keen...

Just think about it this way. When was the last time you signed up with a company like car data in order to BUY a car?

never happened? well they evidently don't have many buyers on their books.

Rich

Try navigating their website to find a car like the one you're trying to sell..remember when I was selling my mk2 gti, I wasn't even able to specify gti as a search term on their webiste and had al manner of sh!te appearing..

of course- it may have changed now- but I doubt it..

run a mile from these people.. if they keep phoning tell em where to go..

Try navigating their website to find a car like the one you're trying to sell..remember when I was selling my mk2 gti, I wasn't even able to specify gti as a search term on their webiste and had al manner of sh!te appearing..

of course- it may have changed now- but I doubt it..

run a mile from these people.. if they keep phoning tell em where to go..