NickVR6

Which Wheels ?

Speedline or Oettinger?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Speedline or Oettinger?

• Speedline
    • Oettinger
    • I'd rather Jack with Fleetwood Mac

dont show Nick pics of any more wheels.... you'll get him even more confused and he'll have to buy a set just to see what they are like!!!

Nick - keep the speedies and sell me the Oettingers... there you go, job done.... :)

I hear Nick like's getting his Oets every morning, so he's just going to have to give Trigger his soiled Speedos and get his Oets.

Oettingers. Can't really understand the obsession certain people have for the speedlines, maybe because I've only seen them in pics.

Have to agree there Steve, I really can't see what the fuss is about with them

keep the speedies nick, after thinking about what you were saying earlier about coilies.. once there fitted and wound down a bit the speedies would look great, and you know the ride is much better on 16's..

sell the 312's, konis, h&r's, oettingers get the coillies fitted and happy days.. you know it makes sense... :lol:

oettingers, polish the lips yourself. Very easy, just takes a bit of time. Results are worth it though, and youll always know how to maintain the finish if it dulls.

What's wrong with putting two of each on each side of the car? If they're different sizes, just adjust the suspension by an inch on the side with the smaller wheels.

That way, you'll never get bored - park facing one way up the road and then when you get bored, just drive the other way down the road and park.

Failing that, I prefer Speedlines. Are yours the original colour? They look different from mine, but then mine are pretty dirty, I suppose!

Are yours the original colour? They look different from mine, but then mine are pretty dirty, I suppose!

They aren't standard Corrado Vr6 Speedlines mate , I think they're 16" and were fitted to Vento's

Pretty close poll in fairness - a toughy for you Nick.

Have to agree there Steve, I really can't see what the fuss is about with them

It's only really me, Nick and Trig that have a particular fondnes of them because we're big fans of OEM+. I'd hardly class a few people liking them as mass hysteria :wink:

If they fitted over my brakes without poking past the arches, I'd have kept them and not bought my fugly Compomotives :-)

Loving those ABTs, another classic!

It's only really me, Nick and Trig that have a particular fondnes of them because we're big fans of OEM+. I'd hardly class a few people liking them as mass hysteria

True I suppose.

It must just be Trigger pipeing up in every other thread moaning that he wants them :lol:

I prefer standard 15" speedo's meself :)

Josh, Off topic, but as you asked so nicely :-)

No one likes them but I don't buy things to please other people ;-)

They were the only manufacturer that could do me a wheel to my precise requirements. i.e 7x16, 6 spoke, ET48, around 15lb in weight and lots of caliper clearance ;-)

Dust.JPG

S4.jpg

voted speedies, but the otties look great (not in gunmetal tho) on Andy Brookes C.

and now i like the ABT's :confused4:

I quite like those Kev, the car sits really nicely on them.

The speedo's look to big for some reason IMO

Kev - They are stunning!!! much, much nicer than the Speedlines.... totally suit the car and show the brakes off to a tee.... schweeeeeeeeeet!!!! :)

They were the only manufacturer that could do me a wheel to my precise requirements. i.e 7x16, 6 spoke, ET48, around 15lb in weight and lots of caliper clearance ;-)

They lighter then RCs then kev

Thanks mate, I have a fan! It's just the centre cap I don't really like, might see if I can get some flat ones.

I think the Speedos look big because Nick's car needs lowering a touch and also the spokes go right out to the edge, making them appear a little bigger than they are.

I personally think the Speeds look better on this B&W photo of when they're on the wire machine :-)

rado_bw_3610_2_347.jpg

nick wont mind :wink: :lol:

kev they look good, i reckon you could drop it little more, she looks llike she could sit a liitle lower on those :wink:

i like em....

They lighter then RCs then kev

I weighed one and it was a little over budget at 17lbs, so about the same as an RC yeah.

nick wont mind :wink: :lol:

kev they look good, i reckon you could drop it little more, she looks llike she could sit a liitle lower on those :wink:

i like em....

Cheers chap.

Agreed and I'd love to go lower but I like suspension travel, which you don't get if the wishbones are any higher than parallel. That's fine on smooth roads and cornering, but I have been a LOT lower than that and indeed the secondary ride actually improves (a funny trait of c'overs) but the lack of travel over my daily B road grind is a real chore....there is just not enough available wheel motion to A) soak up the bumps and B) keep the shell composed at the same time.

I'm waiting for some resurfacing work to be done and then I might revisit slam central :-)