Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

Oil cooler fitment

Help, im fitting my oil cooler tonight, got the old cooler off, its the end cap thats the problem, Can't seperate the cap & tread part to fit new one.

Any help

Im sorry i've done a search

I had a real problem getting mine off to. Broke a screwdriver and a allen key trying to unscrew it. Eventually used a 3 foot bar to lever it.

nightmare

Good luck!

T.

Strange. My mocal kit came with everything, didn't need any of the OE parts at all, apart from the heat exchanger itself obviously.

Strange. My mocal kit came with everything, didn't need any of the OE parts at all, apart from the heat exchanger itself obviously.
Kev have you kept the heat exchanger on yours.

Yep. I wanted to keep the factory oil warm up system. Mocal supplied me with a new, longer threaded tube and a new end cap so that the mocal plate could be slotted in under the factory HE. I don't think it can work any other way as the mocal plate is a lot thinner than the HE anyway, so wouldn't the OE threaded tube be too long?

Shuan, if you want to retain the factory heat exchanger you need part F. This fits on the vw cap, then you screw the threaded bar onto it.

The bit you have is the one pictured below and is used when you delete the heat exchanger.

Shuan, if you want to retain the factory heat exchanger you need part F. This fits on the vw cap, then you screw the threaded bar onto it.

The bit you have is the one pictured below and is used when you delete the heat exchanger.

Ben you did'nt use C,D then, you just used F on the OE tread & cap is that rite.

No, C and D replace the factory tube and end cap.

Not sure what F is for, didn't need it on my install.

Kev you don't know if vince stocks these items do you

Lol ... I'm fitting mine shortly as well so we'll have to have a fight to the death between the Wiyaah and CVR6c to find the correct answer! :)

LOL!

All I did was take the HE off, chucked the OE cap in the cupboard.

Fitted Mocal sandwich plate, put HE on top of it, screwed in D, screwed C on the end, job done :-)

Yes Vince can get those parts.

LOL!

All I did was take the HE off, chucked the OE cap in the cupboard.

Fitted Mocal sandwich plate, put HE on top of it, screwed in D, screwed C on the end, job done :-)

Can anyone give a slightly more detailed (read step by step) installation guide for this, might be useful for the Wiki for those like me who are still learning?! Thanks