Sign in to follow this  
insomniak

fitting 17's - do i need to do anything?

Thinking of Fitting 17's with 205/40/17 toyo's - do I need to do anything?

Wheels im getting are Borbet XL graphite. Clicky

Going to be another new addition to my car now that I have the coilovers fitted. :twisted:

I've got that size on mine, doesn't rub at all, even on full lock.

nice looking wheels, gl :)

A bit but not much. By 3% or something.

And some people will tell you your car will now accelerate much slower, but I hardly notice the difference at all. You'll be amazed at the extra grip with low profile tyres and bigger wheels mate :)

It changes the overall gearing or somesuch. Something to do with the rolling radius being a bit bigger?

I just kill the things, I don't understand them! :)

I noticed it seems to pull slower, but my 17s did seem to weigh a bit more than the speedlines, which obviusly wouldn't help.

I have to get either GPS or run next to a car doing a known speed to check the speedo

Grrr... wheels arnt available as 5 / 100. Been waiting all day for the supplier to get back to me about the wheels. Nearest to it is 5 / 108 Prob would be possible with an adapter

I'd suggest getting some dental insurance as the ride on 17's with the correct size tyre isn't going to be too soft.

There's a guide on Wheel and Tyre sizes in the wiki that will tell you what size tyres you need to maintain the rolling radius.

['H3R4POR]I noticed it seems to pull slower, but my 17s did seem to weigh a bit more than the speedlines, which obviusly wouldn't help.

I have to get either GPS or run next to a car doing a known speed to check the speedo

The weight of the wheels compared to the speedlines will make fek all difference to acceleration mate. Handling yes, speed no. The rolling radius will make a tiny bit of difference but not a lot.