Sign in to follow this  
peanut

Peanuts rado vr

Aloha, bought my 4th rado vr a few weeks ago from oakley on here. Thought id put a few pics up of what ive done so far...this is how i picked it up

absolutely love it to bits, loads of history and totally standard bar the magnex exhaust. Totally blank sheet which is what i like.

First off was to sort the rather baggy suspension, on went the set of Konigsports that were on my mk2 vr, no idea what drop its on at the moment wanted to wait till i got some wheels so i could work round them

Next was to try and sort out the interior, nothing wrong with it just id bought a complete Beige storm leather interior for one of my previous corrados and only ever got as far as half fitting it before i changed my mind and bought another car.

Only thing im missing with the interior is the door cards as i sold these to Tom a few mths ago. Found someone who can retrim my oe ones, in almost matching leather so will look into that later when ive got some spare pennies.

Whilst changing the headlining , also fitted the glass moon roof from the passat estate, makes the interior lok much brighter, only ballache was the sliding panel which cover the glass on the inside is grey on the passat, we managed to find one in the same colour tan from a skoda octavia and modded that to match

Also fitted my steering wheel that ive had in about 10 different cars now, its an italvolanti misano wheel that i bought years ago, modded slightly from when i had my s2 with the audi badge on the horn push and the s2 badge in the leather of the bottom spoke, momo boss (from rolex on here) and on she went...beep beep

Next on the list was the front end to make it look more agressive, i like the eyebrow spoiler on the rados along with the debadged grill, not to everybody's taste i know but i like it. Nikki managed to find a bodyshop near us that could do some colour coding at a decent price. Got them to do the passat handles for both mine and Nikkis, my eyebrow and grill, my wheel centres and a other bits for Nikkis. Had to take my bits back a few times but for the price did a decent job.

Also took the headlights out and painted the outside of the lenses, nervrackking to say the least, one slip and its a fecked headlgiht

Made the most of the decent weather and tinted rear lights red, took all of a day, dont know how many coast i did but used a can of tint and a can of laquer and its come out ok, needs a final rub down and polish though

Fitted colour coded passat dorr handles, right pain in the ass this turned out to be, ended up bending the arm on the mechs up to make them fit

Finally got round to getting my tyres fitted today, this will be where the fun starts with the suspensionand arches, thasnkfully i have a rather large hammer and an angle grinder so all will be well in the world

You've done a helluva lot of work in under an hour!!! :lol:

Looking good matey! :)

nah, just me being a twat kept reposting as i was trying to remember what id done cheers for the comments

Gav

Looking good....

What laquer did you use over the red tinting spray? I tryed using halfords clear laquer and it reacted with the red tint spray.

Nikki got it from sebron autos down here. its tetrosyl trade spray, its an acrylic paste aerosol.

Where the full car pics with the new mods dude? Nice wheel BTW ;)

What tint did you use on the rears too?

cheers for the comments folks, will try and sort the rest of the pics out in a bit, only got the fronts on when i took those pics, rears are going on today.

Apologies for the spelling, must be my dyslexic keyboard....or my fat fingers

Gav

she is looking lush mate... seems like only last week we saw her and she was stock standard!!!

loving the wheels tho... :)

how long you think you'll keep this one for then....? if you start getting bored with it I can offer you a PX on an Audi 80...... :D

any joy selling the VR Mk2...?

Where the full car pics with the new mods dude? Nice wheel BTW ;)

What tint did you use on the rears too?

It's Savage red tint spray.

she is looking lush mate... seems like only last week we saw her and she was stock standard!!!

loving the wheels tho... :)

how long you think you'll keep this one for then....? if you start getting bored with it I can offer you a PX on an Audi 80...... :D

any joy selling the VR Mk2...?

Had some interest but he still hasnt got off his arse put the bits back on the golf :lol:

You want it? :wink: