Sign in to follow this  
andy

Audi TT 288 Calipers

Anyone know if Audi TT 288mm calipers are the same as Golf 288mm Calipers. Also do Golf 288mm Calipers use banjo type fittings?

Not sure, but would think they'd be the same as MkIV golfs, and I think you would require spacers like the 312's.

I believe both are banjo at the caliper end and I would assume the banjo bolt to be the finer thread like on the MIV Golf. The MkIII 288 calipers are still banjo but have a courser 1.5 thread on the bolts (this is why the Goodridge kits are pre & post '95 on the Golf/Corrado).

If you use the MkIII Golf carriers then spacers are not needed. I did read on here that spacers don't work on the 288 discs as the pad makes contact with something, which means you can't use the newer carriers.

Hmm. Cheers Chaps, I've got Golf Mk3 Carriers and 288 TT Calipers so I might be alright without spacers then.

TTs never had 288s, they're all 312, but the ATE calipers are all the same - MK3 highline, TT, Octavia, MK4, Merc C class, Fiat Multipla, etc etc

The hose thread pitch is the only thing that differs as mentioned, but you can get hoses to suit so it's no biggie.

Nope, 288 discs/carriers/calipers from the Highline don't require spacers. It's only the TT carriers that do as the calipers sit 6mm further inboard. On the MK3, the calipers sit in the same position as the stock 280s.

Right, the hose kit I have is post 95 Golf VR6 and the front hoses don't have banjo fittings. Is this the wrong kit? Or wrong kit contents? :-(

wrong contents I think...

hmmm, I bought them from someone on here too, packet was open....hmm

TTs never had 288s, they're all 312

I think one of the early, super-poverty spec TTs did have 288s, but either way, they're the same callipers.

yeh, wrong contents mate. I just ordered the post 95 front hoses and got the banjo fittings as required.

Cheers Nige, exactly what I needed to know, you got yours on yet?

Yep, mine are on but not the wishbones!! Pesky bolt sheared off on the front passenger side. Spent my weeks holiday trying to drill it out (instead of taking wifey to Devon) and finally gave up Saturday :mad: Need to find somewhere that can save the subframe before I do any more damage.

Looking forward to testing it against yours though, the rear bushes made a huuuuge difference and the front ones were so shot I'm surprised they were still on the car!