Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Hmmm... Will these fit??

305mm discs with porsche 911 carrera 2 calipers??

cc_1.jpg

what chance have i got of getting these to fit behind my D90s??

I know adapters will need to be made etc, but i am more concerned with the size of the discs & calipers.

You could adapt the calipers to work on some Ibiza Cupra R 305 discs (caliper adapters are readily available blank and ready to machine) as they are 4x100 and bolt staright onto your hub. How you will make the 5x130 discs fit a G60 is anyone’s guess. I wonder if the bell is deep enough to take a 4x100 to 5x130 adapter?

i have seen adapters similar to the H&R type adapters that allow an adapter to fit between the hub and the disc allowing fitment of the porsche disc, infact i think i have even seen a pic somewhere that shows this.

I can probably get a set made up, as i am a bit of a dab hand on a CNC turning machine so i can prob make up some custom adapters...

either that or i may be lucky and my adapters i have at the moment may work perfectly fine??

You would need to take account of the new wheel offset, he would need something like an ET50 but it would be a cool way of making it work. If you can machine adapters, you an also machine to mountings for the blank caliper carriers. I wish I had the time to do things like this these days, too busy!

the wheels i would be using are the D90s which have an offset of ET52 so there is plenty to play with offset wise, its just it may be a tight fit when it comes to the diameter of the disc with the caliper...

I am looking to buy all this for £550 what do you think?? worth it? vr6 fitment spacers etc, but other than that everything else is there i need...

d4_1.jpg

2 X BREMBO CARRERA 2 CALIPERS

2 X 12" GENUINE PORSCHE BRAKE DISCS (USED ONLY FOR A FEW HUNRED MILES)

1 X SET OF LIGHTLY USED BRAKE PADS (USED ONLY FOR A FEW HUNRED MILES)

2 X CALIPER ADAPTERS (these allow the porsche calipers to be fitted to the vw hub)

4 X PORSCHE CALIPER BOLTS (you musn't use non Porsche items!)

2 X WHEEL ADAPTERS ( these were designed to fit inside the brake disc so are unseen from the outside!! - go from 5 x 100 vw fitment to 5 x 130 Porsche bolt spacing)

2 X WHEEL SPACERS (you may or may not need to use these depending on how the caliper lined up with the disc once fitted on your application)

If you use the Porsche discs, watch they don't foul the ball joint as they have a very deep offset. You'd be better off with seperate bells and rotors to get the offset right. Good luck!

Ah right, in that case you should be OK. Just passing on what I discovered with my AP discs. Had to grind a few mill off the ball joint! Thankfully there is enough meat on them to get away with it, safely.

Well its the only thing left i ve got to do really, and then i am finished with the car, so i can have a bit of fun and do a few trackdays... the brakes would melt in less than one lap with my current setup... :oops:

I am not happy just got outbid by someone that aint even going to put them onto a car!! looks like the bloke that outbid me has an ebay shop and will sell them on again!! Oh Well Nevermind! :x

I had originally contacted the seller about the brakes and arranged to end the auction early @ £550 , didnt hear from him for 2 days so didnt get these beasts in the end! :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320006243793&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1