NickVR6

Quickest car you've been in, owned and most interesting....

Spose the fastest I've been in a car was when I was an aprentice and the boyz took me out in a lotus carlton M4 flat out

Fastest as passenger: highly modded Supra TTurbo which was totally nutts - ie same nutts acceleration at 140mph as at 40mph. This was also faster than :

Fastest owned: current 5l TVR Chim. New engine hasnt freed up yet.....

Interesting ones: mate has an original AC Cobra, which i have yet to experience....

And someone else i know has a Jag D-type - like this one. Mental....

Fastest I've been was in my dads old lotus carlton, awesome car, but got stolen and recovered no less than three times.

Fastest I've driven is in his westfield race car at thruxton. brilliant fun, so effortless!

Fastest owned: I'd say my old 2.0 8v golf was marginally quicker than my rado, so prob. that!

Interesting ones: mate has an original AC Cobra, which i have yet to experience....

:notworthy: now I could do with a mate like that.... I'd love a go in a real Cobra... :notworthy:

My Big Bro just finishing building a rep AC Cobra belive he's running a small block 5.4 chevy engine blown/ported/polished etc etc etc - I've yet to go down to cornwall to see him since the start of the build - word is that it sounds like a spit fire and in flight it even spits flames from the side exits.... hhmmmmmm side exit exhausts hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fastest Ive owned so far would be my old audi S3 287bhp and 319 lbft it was badly chiped and boosted at 1.9 bar

Fastest Ive been in was an old metro 6r4 ex wrc claimed 800bhp also the fastest i've been sideways i needed to change my pants and have a very long rest after that!!

Nice 'liz, rocket 8)

Fastest car I've owned is obviously the VXT (standard), although it doesn't always feel especially quick due to the flat torque curve. Fastest car I've driven must be the Evo VIII FQ330 (decatted, supposedly worth another 10bhp) a couple of years ago that was ballistic when the turbo spooled up :twisted:

I can remember well the first time I booted my VR6 in second gear, couldn't believe how strong it felt! I guess you get used to the power pretty quickly though :?

Sadly nothing exotic for me...

Been in - close call between 400+bhp Skyline r33 gtr, and an Elise 111s

Owned - Toledo 16v (150bhp), but the C is quicker round the bends

Not that interesting but a Delorean was the rarest car I've been in.

Fastest car I've been in would be Mike Rainbirds old sierra Saph cossie, tuned to 500 and something bhp, I think it was 580 ish but cant remember exactly, we got to 164mph in the wet, and still had alot more to go, but it was how fast it got there that amazed me, it was an animal.

I was taken for a spin in an Aston Martin Vanquish, that was impressive, but cant remember speeds etc.

Fastest car I've owned was my E36 M3, I only ever got it to 150mph, but it was still pulling very hard. I would still have it if I could afford to run and maintain it, nowadays its all about consumption and maintenance costs for me.

Wilson

quickest car i have been in is a jaguar XJ220 back in 1993, the only problem it only had 5 man power at the time as it was broken down, i just steered it in to the factory (gutted!!!!!!!)

Fastest car I have been in is a friends 480BHP Porker 996 Turbo 4 X50. Stupid fast, but so civilised!

Fastest I have been in a car is my old Rado at 165MPH in germany :)

jay

Fastest I've been in (and driven) has to probably be either the Lambo Diablo or the TVR Griffith 500!!

Quickest I've owned will soon be the Corrado that will be all finished shortly!

Funny how this thread comes up today. As part of my induction I have just come back from a half day being thrown by a professional driver in a Cayenne Turbo S, 512 BHP and 0-60 in 5.2, 60-0 in 2.2 and all that from a 2.5 tonne supermachine.

I was astounded by the speed and the noise from a monster V8 but the but the thing that realy got me was the Handling, at speed with the suspension stiffened up and automaticly lowered it can be thrown into corners. This thing is amazing. Blind bends (round cones) are no problem. It stays level the tyres scream but you dont car caus you are trying to pull your face off the window.

I always reserved judgement thinking the Tourag was the better machine but I have seen the light and it comes from Stuttgart.

Fastest car I've been in is a TVR Griffith 500.

Fastest car I've owned is my G40.

Fastest I've been is 153mph (GPS) in the rado. Although I've been at 145mph on the back of a 600cc Yamaha Thundercat! Now that was fun!!

I think the 911 would give that a run for it's money though.
You'd hope so for x12 the price :lol: , even if it is 1s to 60 slower than a typical 1000 bike, it should eat one/any round a track. Luck g*t - hope to get a ride on a Carrera 4s soon.

StuartFZR400, It would be interesting to go for a ride on an R1, I'd imagine that would be a fair bit quicker than a 1200 Bandit. Trouble is I've been scared away from bikes now. A couple of people I know have had low speed accidents in the last couple of years which have left them with permanent physical damage.

I'm sure you will be impressed by the Porsche, not just by the performance and handling but also by the refinement for such a performance orientated car.

Driven - Ferrari 308GTB

Driven - Formula First (round Brands Hatch)

sat in (;)) - Williams F1

Owned - Rado :p

Driven - The ol' mans 5.7 corvette powered 1936 Ford

Owned - 2.9 52 Anglia (still own)

Been in a fiberglass 32 Ford roadster with a chrysler hemi (about 8ltr) motor dropped in it. Wet my pants like a little boy! You couldn't move in the seat when he floored it, stuck solid!

A guy at work took me out in his Corvette too but i felt safe in that so it wasn't as much fun.

Hmm...

Driven: A Griffith 500 or a Caterham 7 (probably the TVR, but the Caterham just felt bonkers)

Top Speed: A lowly 135mph on the continent in my old 2l 16v 'rado

Owned: The old 2l 16v rado :-)

Driven - The ol' mans 5.7 corvette powered 1936 Ford

just curious but why use a chevy engine instead of keeping it all ford... i would have thought to use a terminator engine... (i.e. from a 2003 and 2004 Mustang Cobra) see page 3 to see the car they were put in... here's an engine shot from my car when it was stock

DSC01611.jpg

i figured if he's running a vette engine it's probably a newer one to make it worth while eh? so if that's the case he's probably still running some sort of engine management...

please don't get offended by this i am just curious, if you come back i would like to know what engine he actually put in the 36... LS6? LS2? would be quite amazed if it had an LS7 i'm not gonna lie...

Fastest car I've owned is my G40.

So your G40 is faster than your Vr6, :twisted: interesting.

What spec is your G40?