Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

Best insurer for younger drivers

Afternoon all, thought I might as well make my first post on here!

I'm looking into buying a Corrado, and quite interested in a 2.0 16v.

One thing I’m concerned about is how much its going to cost me to insure it being 21 with 2 years no claims.

I've done a number of online quotes and getting replies of between £1100 and £1600 for TPFT. Fully comp comes in at £1400 +.

Now there must be other 21 year olds on here in the same situation so recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

Hello, welcome to the forum :)

Insurance is discussed quite often on here, a search may help you find what you are looking for!

Im only 20 with 1 year ncb passed 2 years and i can get insured on a vr6 corrado for £1200 fully comp!! Which will be very soon hopefully :D

Insurance is discussed quite often on here, a search may help you find what you are looking for!

I thought as much, but i just wanted to get a first post up ;)

Most Corrado's have already been fitted with Thatcham approved alarms, so I'd expect that to knock a bit off your quotes - although you won't know the alarm make/model until you find the car. Otherwise budget for a good CAT 1 alarm (approx £300).

Also you might like to check out the Insurance Forum

Lol oops, oh well i'm sure it'll get moved

Humm Elephant comes in at £686 with 1 crash, looking promising! Just need to find the cash to be able to buy a car :)

Also you might like to check out the Insurance Forum

quite, ;)

Humm Elephant comes in at £686 with 1 crash, looking promising! Just need to find the cash to be able to buy a car :)

Sounds good to me. :)

Loadsa people mention paying over £1000 on here. As its a cheap car, TPFT seems better for me. Will only go FC when I need to borrow a car.

I've got more NC and age on my side and Im still looking at £600/yr FC with no crashes or pts or anything.

ps - welcome

pps - "need to save for a car" -- and any possible fixes/spares etc.

have you tried http://www.confused.com or MoneySuperMarket?. also add an older person such as a parent it usually brings your policy down a bit. i'm only 21 and running a VR but my area is a bit sh1t so i have to pay just over a grand. with 2years ncb but soon to be changed as i've found one for 800

There is a proper good topic on here with a list as long as ya arm.

I used Greenlight on my 1st Storm. It was my 1st car(0 no claims) & cost me £1500 fully comp.

i have tried churchill.com and found them to be competitive......

try putting one of your parents on as a named driver.... this dropped my quote by £100 but with some insures it raises it... it is swings and roundabouts....

have you tried http://www.confused.com or MoneySuperMarket?. also add an older person such as a parent it usually brings your policy down a bit. i'm only 21 and running a VR but my area is a bit s**t so i have to pay just over a grand. with 2years ncb but soon to be changed as i've found one for 800

How dare you!!

Its dead posh round ours!!! :lol:

andyVR6, who did you find for £800 ?

Budget its only tpft though.

Storm-nut you know how bad our area is thats why you dont keep your car at home and i'm stuck between two versions of the bronx. and smack head alley just down the road.

Im 21 , with 2 years NCB, driving a standard G60.

Im with elephant, and pay around £550 - £600 Fully comp. (i cant remember)

Understand im a little older but i can recommend confused.com also. They gave me a shed load of quotes and admiral came up trumps.

Another suggestion is someone i know your age goes with hyperformance and he says they are the elephants danglies.

confused seam to give you alot more quotes if you put in your car reg the only trouble is confused doesn't seam to like L reg VRs no matter what reg you put in

Quotes seem to vary from insurer to insurer for diffrent people with the same cars alot. But i have alway found Adrian flux to give me the best price/ package.

I was 21 when i got my insurance and it cost me just over £1200 for fully comp on a storm with a few mods with 3yrs ncb. so i think for your 2 liter 16v you shouldnt pay any more that £1000 for fully comp.

so i can reccomend Flux, Bell, Admiral and brentacre maybe. But hyperformance laughed when i told them i had a quote for £1200 so i dunno about them.

Storm-nut you know how bad our area is thats why you dont keep your car at home and i'm stuck between two versions of the bronx. and smack head alley just down the road.

Ha! :lol:

only trouble is confused doesn't seam to like L reg VRs no matter what reg you put in

Yeah I noticed when I tried confused.com recently for quotes it was having problems with my L reg VR, wierd hey? :roll:

Just added my dad into the quote with elephant and brings the price down to £590, all looking very hopeful :)

Going to look at the C on thurs, i've got 1st refusal on it, i've got a good feeling about it!