Sign in to follow this  
corrado vr6

in need of your opinions

Hi there

i am new to this forum so hi everyone

I am after your opinions on a corrado that i went to view yesturday.

There were just a few niggly things but firstly i will give you some infor on the car

firstly:

-red

-138000 but a new engine was fitted at 78000 miles

-Taxed and MOT'd

-paintwork is good for year however slightly faded at the rear

-plently of service history

now one of the niggly things that bothers me a bit is that the rear active spoiler doe not work but however by the manual switch it does it just doesn't operate via speed is this an expensive problem

also the most worrying is that as mentioned above it has had a new engine put in that came out of a golf however ther is no certificate for this work but the owner does have a letterhead with the companys name on and a list of the work carried out such as new gearbox, clutch, all belts with no cracks or splits which indicates that at sometime they were changed head reskimmed and new head gasket. Is the owner not having a certificate for the work carried out a reason to walk away or should it not worry me. the engine seems as sound as a pound (2.0ltr also been bored out) clean and tidy no noises no bad smoke either when warm or cold plenty of recpiets for everything else. so i am just really wondering what your opnions were on this matter.

also what are the points to look out for when buying a corrado ie: rust areas etc.

I also forgot to mention that it is a 1990 (G) and up for £1750

hope you can help and thanks in advance :roll:

Welcome mate!

Take a look at the Corrado Buying Guide here at the forum!

It´ll help you for sure!

Always go for original paint cars even if faded! (this is my opinion).

We would like to have you here!

So go out and buy a Corrado G60 or VR6 and have the time of your life! :)

to make life more simple, the BUYING GUIDE is HERE CLICK

http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.p ... _Checklist

I presume you're talking about a 16v and not a VR?

If in doubt, just leave it. There are plenty of decent ones out there, just be prepared to pay a bit. You could try phoning that company on the top of that letter head just to see if they still exsist.

Why was it changed? Was it a performance upgrade or was the car ragged to death? (thus meaning clutch etc etc etc probably naffed too)

If there is any doubt there is no doubt.

I dont like the sound of it but it all depends on your budget Vs. Your spannerhappines.

It totally depends on you mate and how you look at things.

I have a black vr which has had a colourful life to say the least. 4 million owners. New rear end at some point. Signs of boy-racer past owners (ripspeed tax disc holder!), etc, etc.....

I also have a blue one that is in much better nick, only 1 million owners, 80k mileage etc, but I just don't like it.

The black one just feels right to me. I've had to spend money to sort it out yeah, but I just couldn't get rid of it. I got it running for the first time in a month yesterday, and despite all the rattles and squeaks etc, it just instantly puts a massive grin on my face. So just find one you really like thats in current good condition, and buy it!

(sorry, waffle over) :)

I wouldn't walk away because a 138000-miler had had an engine change many years ago. If it's running sweetly on the replacement engine (and presumably has been for 60000 miles), the current condition of the car as a whole is much more relevant.

If in doubt, just leave it. There are plenty of decent ones out there, just be prepared to pay a bit.

My thoughts exactly. In the end its up to you but I'd wait till I found one I was completely happy with.

more importantly, over however many uears we've been here, how is the username corrado vr6 still available?!?!?!?! :shock:

['H3R4POR]more importantly' date=' over however many uears we've been here, how is the username [b']corrado vr6[/b] still available?!?!?!?! :shock:

Indeed. :lol:

if I could spell that that sentence would make even more sense :roll:

I had to take this name cos it was the last one left!!!!!!!

hi again

i have taken all of your opinions into account and thanks for taking the time to respond, however i have decided to walk away from this one and i have found another corrado 2.0 16v all origional everything works and yet it is less yes!!

however i am now looking for insurance 1 am getting quotes from all over the place and the cheapest so far is about £1300 FC or £1082 TPFT i am 20 with 2yrs NCB and yet i have done a search and i see that quite a few of you are the same age some with less NCB and yet you all have cheaper quotes HOW CAN THIS BE!!

i have just rung elephant and they fogged me off by saying that they are just not competitive for me as they are for other people favourtism or what!!

So if anyone has any ideas have tried adding a parent and all the other ideas suggested in other threads under the search (i have read them all)

any ideas £1082 i thought was pretty good from past quotes for other vehicles but when i read of other people getting quotes a lot less i start to wonder wether yr lying to the companies or you have some tricks please pass them on

Thanks in advance

Greg

Details like : your location, where you leave the car overnight, what you do for a living etc etc etc all make a difference to an insurance quote mate. It's not all down to age/ncb.

There's no pattern to insurance, it's as random as it can be.

what you do for a living etc etc etc all make a difference

Agreed, I changed my job description on the quote from IT technician to IT engineer and it brought my quote down by £30!! why, i have no idea

It's not all down to age but hitting those 21yr and 25yr benchmarks certainy makes a huge difference

Limit ya milage fella.

Helps me. Plus I agreed not to commute in mine as I have a dirty oil burner to trundle round in.