Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

The powers of peer pressure!

Right i think buckled under the peer pressure from steve r(supercharged) and co'!!

Went and looked at a 1995 2.0 16v on 74,000 miles in classic green (i think) with the corrado forum car buying "checklist" in hand, and absolutely loved it. Everything is still standard engine looks and runs nice and there doesn't seem to be a bit of rust anywhere :shock:, also all the electrics work! Spoiler, sunroof, mirrors, windows, etc.

The only fault that is obvious is both headlights are cracked.

Also the clutch pedal felt very very light and the gas pedal felt very very stiff as if i was missing the pedal and pushing on the floor, is this normal?

The only 2 things to complete the decision are getting the cash through and it being passed by supercharged!

PS how do i add pictures/whats the link to the page that tells me??

Cheers all

Sounds like a good 'un.

Just make sure you set-aside several hours for Steve's inspection, and add on a couple more if Mr Haywire comes along too. Might be an idea to take along a camping stove and tent :lol:

sounds like it might need the throttle cable adjusting, or replacing at worst (no biggie) as for the clutch the one on my VR was very light, hard to find the bite but it worked fine! its probably an indication of something wearing out... someone else will tellyou better than i can ;)

sounds like a corker otherwise, 74k is practically delivery miles!

Sounds like a good 'un.

Just make sure you set-aside several hours for Steve's inspection, and add on a couple more if Mr Haywire comes along too. Might be an idea to take along a camping stove and tent :lol:

Haha, yeah sounds about right!

sounds like a corker otherwise, 74k is practically delivery miles!

Yes i think it is! The advert turned out to not just be sales talk, the mileage actually was 2k under what was advertised.

I'm still going through the "am i doing the right thing" stage though

Sounds very nice; whats he looking for £3000+? If you're getting someone to look for you, ie Kev, then no worries. Accelerator seems to be in need of TLC.

ps - as for adding pics, you can either directly upload some small pics here, or alternatively upload to anotehr (host) site, such as the one shown in my sig and then give us the link, try not to use the IMG tool if the pics are huge!!

OK cheers, i'll get some up.

Well the thing that makes this car even more appealing is that the guy wants £1800! for a quick sale, keeps making me think "where's the catch"

Check the hpi and aslong as theres no accident damage i cant see you going far wrong with that car mate. Looks well kept from the images.

yeah very well kept, full service history cam done at 55k oil looks very fresh as well.

The guy actually wanted to keep it in a garage, just to be able to keep it. i think he's well gutted about selling it.

Similar case to mine mate, the guy said to me he didnt want to sell it as i was handing the money to him but he was moving house and it was his second car so he felt he had to. Im glad he did though cuz it means i get a mint corrado! :D

cant go wrong with that one. New accel cable about 25 quid from VAG and similar amount + VAT to get fitted. But if Supercharged is on the case it prob cost beer tokens :D

Just done an HPI check as suggested and all is fine, all i need now is the 'Charged roadtest (tent and stove packed and ready ;)) oh and the money!

Right, well I'm back from Karmann so hopefully going to have a look at this baby later with my assistant Mr Yandards and Mr VAGCOM.

Mr Crap - can you email me the full size pics and txt me the reg no. so I can get the history checked out.

Wheels ming but show originality and they'll do for the winter... you will need some TT wipers and a headlight loom tho if not already fitted.

Cheers Mr urrrmm Charged!

HPI checked out all fine but I’ll mail you the pics and stuff now.

Yeah the wheels'll do for the minute, two of them have brand spanking new tyres on.

PS. Whats with the edit of my posting, scared people will find out your real identity ;)

Aha - congrats. Heard about this car all weekend and was wondering whether you'd definately decided to go for it!

Sounds like a beauty - congratulations :)

Aha - congrats. Heard about this car all weekend and was wondering whether you'd definately decided to go for it!

Sounds like a beauty - congratulations :)

Post whore! :p :wink:

Be joining the viewing maffia for this one as I am still at Supercharged's gaff at the moment.

Right, i've got it.

Just spent the whole afternoon cleaning it and i'll probably spend most of tomorrow as well. It looks fantastic, drives very well, all very very happy!

Many thanks to all that helped me buy the car