Sign in to follow this  
Whitedog

200,000 miles, would this put you off?

I would definately be interested with mot, once i'd sorted out insurance (check out the cat d with them) trouble is you live about 200 miles away.

Well I am gonna get it mot'd anyway mate. So when it's done if you're still interested i'm sure we can work something out.

See if you find anything nice in the meantime.

there seems to be a shortage of geniune corrados about.

there isn't a shortage at all, the good ones just cost more than a grand for a VR! :lol:

WHITEDOG i have seen the rado that double6's has for sale, its in very good condition mate, most def worth the money, and it only takes about 2 hours to get to were Will is, well thats how long it took me to get there, when i bought the charger, if you get stuck getting there?? i can take ya, just give me the petrol money mate. 8)

Cheers Karl :)

(2.5% ?)

:lol: :lol:

Cheers for the offer karl, i may take you up on the offer. Dunno how much petrol its gonna cost me in a charged vr though :shock:

Ive got a h reg 1.8 valver, just turning over 267000 miles now, to be fair it hasnt given me too much trouble, my mates has done half the mileage and has had twice as many problems,I was talkin to a old bloke with a g60 at leeds show the other week his was on 170k still with the original charger,depends whos had it how its driven, i use mine to commute 40 miles a day, only thing it could do with is a full respray apart from that its all sound!

My 2.0 16v is not far off 200,000 miles and to be honest it runs great. Yes I have had to be pro-active with maintenance (bushes, bearings, sensors, replacement interior bits, etc) but the old 16v engine is still firing up and working every time I use it.

Mileage really shouldn't be a barrier as long as the right work has been done and the car hasn't got any major rust issues :)

just about to hit 200,000miles in the vr6 and have a massive list of replaced parts.

i would be put off if it just said full service history as imo i reckon they need more than just oil changes etc

It all depends on the condition of the car, mines coming up to 200k and the car is very good both body wise and mechanically due to the meticulous maintence. i drive mine every day so its paramount thats its reliable so all maintenece is done in a timeley manner using genuine parts. If i were to sell it i would not have an issue selling it to someone as a clean example with plenty of life left in it. A point to note is that i have not just done the bog standard servicing, I've mechanically overhauled the suspension + bushes, drivetrain and brakes through out my ownership. The engine has been replaced with a lower mileage bottom end and i have re done the head along with the standard chain and clutch replacement amongst a lot of other work along the way. Body wise i have no rust which i think is due to washing the car regularly and keeping the salt off in winter. I dont think mileage is such a factor with older cars its definately condition and thats what you need to evaluate when buying the car.

Exactly. If you maintain a house properly, it will remain standing for centuries. If you neglect it, it will only last for decades.

Crikey, what a thread resurrection.....2006 to 2010.

Well i didnt get it, seems so long ago now i cant remember whether it was my first or second rado i was looking for, guessing my second if i was looking for a vr. And yes i bought a really mint vr, 74k etc....but then like a d*ckhead got rid of it shortly after due to running costs.....i've learnt my lesson since and am now on my third rado, again a vr which i'm never getting rid of, just converted it to a manual and carried out a full engine rebuild.....its gonna be slow progress but will get there in the end...hoping to get it back on the road in april......

Oh and majik, ignore my pm, see what you're on about now...

It all depends on the condition of the car, mines coming up to 200k and the car is very good both body wise and mechanically due to the meticulous maintence. i drive mine every day so its paramount thats its reliable so all maintenece is done in a timeley manner using genuine parts. If i were to sell it i would not have an issue selling it to someone as a clean example with plenty of life left in it. A point to note is that i have not just done the bog standard servicing, I've mechanically overhauled the suspension + bushes, drivetrain and brakes through out my ownership. The engine has been replaced with a lower mileage bottom end and i have re done the head along with the standard chain and clutch replacement amongst a lot of other work along the way. Body wise i have no rust which i think is due to washing the car regularly and keeping the salt off in winter. I dont think mileage is such a factor with older cars its definately condition and thats what you need to evaluate when buying the car.

agreed - on yours Zak, there's hardly anything there that has done 200k now, the drivetrain, gearbox bushes & bearings are all pretty much replaced. Perhaps the only original bit will be the carpets!

Its somewhat of a psychological position though, people think that the car will suddenly completely fall to bits at 100k miles. IN Germany they use 100k km as the 'lets sell the car' time = 60,000 miles!

Is it green/black?

Only ones i see on a regular basis.....

Green ones on borbets, smart car.. bloke driving it seems fairly friendly but i reacon he got a bit pissed when he saw my car appear on the drive.... as he went out and got himself some borbets.... got ome shite rear lights but othr than that it looks sweet.

Ill be waiting for another to tootle past me.

Regards Aidan