Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Tyre blackener

Am a big fan of the autoglym range but got to admit that i think the tyre shine stuff is poor.

Anyone using anything else worth recommending??

Yeah - I think I use the Turtle Wax Tyre Gel stuff.. its in a bright green bottle and the stuff is like a white gel that you rub into the tyres. Does a good job and doesn't stick to your alloys and mess up your sponges like spray on tyre dressing does!

I can do you 500ml of my under the counter sh1t yo.gif :lol: if you like?

Silicone based so super weather resistant.Limited amounts left.

£7.99 delivered if you can paypal.Edit:ill throw in some tough blue rag to apply it too.

Neil. :)

It may sound weird, but I have used smooth peanut butter (cheap and easy) in the past, which incidentally also works wonders on getting black plastics / trim etc. "back-to-black". Just rub it into the trim or tyres with tough dry cloth and then clean off excess with damp cloth. Don't use too much. The same effect, although I found it not as good was using vegetable oil, but don't get any on your paint.

Cheers and HTH

Well stands to reason that if peanut butter works well but vege oil doesn't, might be worth buying a bottle of peanut oil? :)

Quite keen to have a go with a gel as the spray stuff just ends up all over the shop.

Cheers for the tips guys.