Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Porsche 911 Carrera - Page 8

This is the first car I've done since actually having a name - Executive Detailing.

Not a full de-swirl un-fortunately, just a full wash and wax was all the customer wanted.

Started off with the wheels and the wheel arches, both of which were particularly dirty. The wheels had about 8 weeks of brake dust and the arches I don't think have ever being done! :eek:

Spent about an hour doing those using AG Engine & Machine Cleaner. Had to almost scoop the muck out of the underside of the wheel arches which just plopped out onto the floor. Nearly had a garden on my drive when I'd done!

From there I went on to do the door and boot shuts, as well as the the front of the engine bay. Once again I used AG Engine & Mach cleaner followed by some hyper wash using a couple of MF's.

Rinsed the car down with the Power Wash, and then give it a good wipe down with some APC, followed by some TFR and Tar Remover on some stubborn spots. After rinsing the car down again I followed up with some Megs ClayBar, using a mixture of some QD and water as a lube. Unfortunately the pic I took of the Clay is a bit blurred but you can make out some contaminents.The pic is of just one squarefoot of the boot.

After the claying I washed it down again and gave it a good rinse. Using the QD again (would normallly use Last Touch) and drying towels, I dried off the car, making sure all the water traps were waterless by using compressed air in a can.

By this point the car was dry and the paint work really smooth, even though there was no wax left on the paint.

The car was ready to be waxed and the customer only wanted a single application, partly due to him selling it and wanting to keep costs down. So I decided to use AG SRP and started to apply it all over the super smooth silver BMW. Went round the whole car putting it on and then wiped it off using Pakshak MF's (none left now :( )

Finally I cleaned the glass using Fast Glass and dressed the rubber and plastic trim. I also had to go around the car again using QD due to some overactive 4 year olds and water pistols! :mad:

Thanks for reading, even if it is really long and probably boring compared to a full de-swirl! :)

Here's some pics, unfortunately my missus only turned up with the batteries for the camera near the end so no before pics. :mad: The sun also decided not to come out so no sunny pics either!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

My drive had just being thouroughly cleaned and blasted before this. This is how it looks the day after! :eek:

drive.jpg

Your site wasn't loading but i got the same url but with .com and it was $75 and thought that was good but expensive to get my VR to USA.

Good job, lots of effort, i'd die if i did that much work in one day!

Chris

Sites not live yet unfortunately.

The price depends on the state of the car and what the customer wants.

If I did the exact same job on another 3 series that had being sat under a tree soaking up sap for a few months then that would cost slightly more as more work is involved.

The prices on my site will be a guide, can only give a proper quote (for more complicated jobs anyway) by seeing the car.

Your not paying £80 minimum, you can have anything done you want.

Let's not forget it wasn't just a clean and wax, it included claying the whole car which all takes time. Do you really think we'd work for £5 an hour?

No, exterior only.

The arches and wheels took me about an hour alone.

Do I always get the arches as clean as possible even though you hardly see most of them?

No, normally it would be a quick scrub and degrease but thats what he wanted so thats we got.

I try not to have a 'stage 1' this and a 'stage 2' that as each car and owner is different and so the time spent on them will be different.

At the end of the day you have to do what the customers ask, offering a bespoke service is the best way to keep 'em happy.

That BMW looks great 8)

Pity you're so far oop north like, my Vento could do with a detailing session.

Good work mate. Prices seems right aswell... well atleast similar to mine for a full exterior clean and a coat of SRP.

I dont understand why some people think valeting work should be done dirt cheap. Firstly you have the cost of good quality products and then you have the time and dedication of the valeter.

If people want to get it done cheap... pop to the car wash or to tescos. For everyone else who actually cares about their cars... form an orderly queue and use a good well experienced valeter or do it yourself :)

Yeah, spend thousands on a car and never look after it properly. Never get that!

That BMW is worth about £400-£500 more than the state it came in as, so not that expensive when you look at it! (The guys selling it, which is why he wanted it doing)

I'm not a detailer or even a valeter but i just can't "get" the ppl who seem to think cos it costs close to or normally over £100 to detail a car that they are getting a bum deal.........to me 99% of the time there is a big difference between washing,polishing and waxing your own car and getting a "professional" valeter or detailer to do it for you.......for a start these guys have invested a bare minimum of £300 in the first place setting themselves up with a M/C polisher and associated bits n pieces.........and a lot of them can and do wonders to faded/swirled/damaged paint that your whole car can sometimes look like its fresh from the bodyshop or showroom...........to even expect someone to do all that for £5 an hour is frankly taking the p!ss........thats not even min wage FFS

for a start these guys have invested a bare minimum of £300 in the first place setting themselves up with a M/C polisher and associated bits n pieces.........

I think I'll be over £1000 soon, and thats before any van might come into it, or ins etc!

for a start these guys have invested a bare minimum of £300 in the first place setting themselves up with a M/C polisher and associated bits n pieces.........

I think I'll be over £1000 soon, and thats before any van might come into it, or ins etc!

yeah sorry wasn't trying to say that £300 is all you need............but for say one of us to get the equipment to DIY our own motors your looking at £300min