Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

9A Limp.....

Would the coolant temperature warning light coming on cause the car to go into limp mode?

This came on breifly earlier, kept driving and the car felt slow compared to normal. Stopped and restarted the engine and it felt fine again.

Anyone got any good info on the 9A management?

I believe the coolant light is low coolant rather than coolant being too hot.

But then if the engine overheats, it might go into some kind of safe-mode... just a guess though and probably best to wait for someone know knows about 9As to give a more useful answer :)

Well I'm fairly sure about the coolant level... but yeah, you don't get this kind of post count from being helpful :lol:

I'm not aware if the 9A has a 'limp' mode :?

Also think Dinky is right in saying it's level not temp for the light...

i also have a 9A, my light has come on a couple of times and i just topped up the coolant, light goes off all is well. didn't affect performance tho :-P

Yeah sorry it is water level.

Me and supercharged changed the coolent temp sender and took it for a spin, the acceleration was very flat after the warning light came on as if the ecu had put the car into a Safe (if you prefer that too limp :wink: gentlemen) mode.

We were then both looking at stuff on here, hence the abuse back (ya know what steve's like after a couple :lol: )

Just looked in the ole corrado user guide as the water light has come on another couple of time while sitting in traffic and it says it's for level and temperature :p

Didn't make the car feel odd though, the previous must have been another strange oddity

Going to change the switch on the rad fan as well as the ECU coolant temp sender, anyone got an idea of how much these are??

Cheers