Sign in to follow this  
lamwagon

what coilovers to buy?

i am now ready buy my coiles but with everthing thats gone on with fk i dont no wot to go for an ideas? i was ganna go for the koingsports but hav be told to look at the Weitec TX kit which is £560 wot u all think?

cheers Adam

For a limited time the KW varient 1's are also in the same price range as we are doing a special on them.

I agree with above though the weitecs are great value for the cash also.

I agree and I will match the price (even though as a Weitec/KW distributor you are not supposed to get involved in a price war-hint!!!!) for the Weitec Hicon TX but include full and detailed illustrated instructions on how not to cock it up!

Ohh you would not believe the things we see. About a month ago I had a G3 VR6 come in with Hicon TX's on that had started leaking on both sides at the front and these were replacements for the originals, all in the space of six months. When the replacements had started leaking I insisted on seeing the install for myself. What they had done was unreal. The special VW machined nut (PR 2E1 systems only) in the middle of the top mount was underneath the top mount and the top mount then bolted down on top of this with one of the two half nuts provided for the engine bay top plate and the top plate only secured by one of the nuts. This meant the top mount did not rotate with the steering so the rotation was made inside the damper and therefore it was lasting weeks, not years. On other cars I have seen dust shields over bump stops that were then fitted upside down, spring plates upside down, camber set positive instead of negative, front springs plates missing altogether with the springs straight into the top mount-you name it, I have seen it done. There are some complete morons out there, some are garages as well. Since including detailed kit specific instructions with every single Weitec kit we send out, warranty problems dropped from being a pain in the butt to virtually zero.

I can recommend Darren's Weitecs :)

very happy with mine I bought from g-werks a few months ago 8)

hmmm a mate fitted mine for me,better get a look @ them just incase,could be the cause of the knockin sound,he's a mechanic so was hopin he knew what he was doin,might just give it the once over :lol:

Get some H&R RSS Clubsports!

If you stick with standard 15 inch wheels you'll be amazed at the ride and handling - out of this world! :)

(Thanks Darren) :)

Koni ssk kit comes highly recommended from me too. shame the rears just dont go low enough well maybe if you remove a collar :wink:

I agree and I will match the price (even though as a Weitec/KW distributor you are not supposed to get involved in a price war-hint!!!!) for the Weitec Hicon TX but include full and detailed illustrated instructions on how not to cock it up!

Its not a Dealer discount Steve, Its KW's Birthday so they are discounting there product as a special'brithday' offer. Im fully aware of the discount ruling from KW/WEitec and im suprised you hadn't been made aware of the special offer being offered by KW.

http://g-werks.com/Site/pageurl/Special ... fault.aspx

Any way back on topic..

i continue to be very impressed with the ride on the weitec coilies i got from Darren, even though i have it set so low i hit a coke can that was on its side with the front splitter yesterday.

i cant see how people manage to fit these things incorrectly, they come pre assembled FFS, have some people got such short attention spans that they cant remember the order the bits came off the car in the first place?

i continue to be very impressed with the ride on the weitec coilies i got from Darren, even though i have it set so low i hit a coke can that was on its side with the front splitter yesterday.

i cant see how people manage to fit these things incorrectly, they come pre assembled FFS, have some people got such short attention spans that they cant remember the order the bits came off the car in the first place?

i'll let u know that in a bit when i check how my mate fitted them :lol:

hence y i asked the question"how can they be cocked up" i thought the same as u,there already built up!!

Was gonna go for a set of Weitecs, but in the end spent the extra on a set of KWs from Darren. I must say I'm very impressed. The ride is firm but not harsh and thats running 17s in Ireland!!!

My valver now handles like a go-kart. Gotta start using the brakes for bends soon! :D

I would say the KW are worth getting for the corrosion resistance of the stainless units alone particularly with the salted roads over there. They look sweet too!

ill give another thumbs up for the Weitecs, have been very impressed with them, just about got them right for how i like them!

plase correct me if im wrong Darren - Arent Weitecs pretty much made by KW but without the stainless steel body?

ill give another thumbs up for the Weitecs, have been very impressed with them, just about got them right for how i like them!

plase correct me if im wrong Darren - Arent Weitecs pretty much made by KW but without the stainless steel body?

yeah they are definately made by kw, it says so on the box and guarantee and has kw moulded into the spring platforms.

they are just the non stainless versions of the kw's.