Sign in to follow this  
JT

brentacre- my bad experience

triggermyson, I called HIC yesterday, interested to find out they are a sister company to Adrian Flux and couldn't quote me as I am currently insured by Flux. Cut down my negotiation options a bit!

True, HIC and flux are completly seperate companies but are both owned by the same person. We both offer garantees to existing policy holders to beat any rate they get on renewal as far as i know (although personally i only deal with new customers/quotes) therefore obviously its not worth beating each others renewal prices (trying to explain it from the company point of view, not my personal opinion!).

HIC and flux still quote against each other for people who do not hold a policy with either company and both have slightly different policies on offer (eg HIC can cover trackdays etc flux dont and flux can cover NOS, HIC dont.

hope that sort of made sense

Martin :)

been with them for ages too, never had any bother. I always spoke to John or Kerry.

Ive got my renewal coming up... kerry always looks after me... 8)

insurance is always horses for courses - unfortunately you cannot compare like for like, which I think causes most uproar.

martinb, thanks for the extra info, wasn't trying influence people, more of a statement as it was something I hadn't realised before now!

I've got to go back to flux with me new quote and get a match :twisted:

insurance is always horses for courses - unfortunately you cannot compare like for like, which I think causes most uproar.

so true!

martinb, thanks for the extra info, wasn't trying influence people, more of a statement as it was something I hadn't realised before now!

No probs mate its cool, i wasnt having a pop, just wanted to make sure people understood that they can still try to get quotes from both and may well get a better rate, its only renewals where we wont compete. At the end of the day as long as you go with either flux or HIC the big boss man is happy! :)

I am with Brentacre too, used them several times over the years, always speaking to Kerry, who is incredibly helpful.

As for JT's comment 'can't be bothered to chase it up', wish I could afford to write off £120 so easily !! :roll:

i was with Brentacre for 5 years. They were ok, usually the cheapest but kept moving the goal posts every time i asked for an agree value to the point were i was actually offended by there conduct. They were £100 cheaper but i was effectively un-insured without the agreed value!!

Too many people look are the cost of insurance only, not the package your getting for your money!!

HIC are a discrace. HAd the corrado with them for £260. changed to the 4 motion and they wanted an EXTRA £700!!! even thought the policy was probably 3 months in!

They then quoted me £1015 the year after! got it for about £700 with brentacre, which is still too much, but the best I could get. bloody fully comp, what a rip off it is.

JT: can i recommend City Insurance in Salisbury, just along from woolworths towards the cathedral close...... if you speak to mark he is a very helpful guy........ and they are local...... it's quite nice actually seeing who you are buying your insurance from...

Yep, i used them for years and they are very helpful. Mark is a Dubber too and has had a raddo vr6 and an S3. Only down side is they could'nt insure me at all when i put the charger on, so im flux capacitored now, and had no problems.

JT, stick with it son, sounds like if you get to speak to the man you will probably get a consession. I know its the principle more than the 120, but its worth him knowing.

You obviously didnt speak to me! :)

HIC are a discrace. HAd the corrado with them for £260. changed to the 4 motion and they wanted an EXTRA £700!!! even thought the policy was probably 3 months in!

They then quoted me £1015 the year after! got it for about £700 with brentacre, which is still too much, but the best I could get. bloody fully comp, what a rip off it is.

Granted that sounds steep but its hard to really explain when i dont know any of your details and the fact the cheapest rate you where able to get was still £700 suggests that something in your personal details is considered "high Risk". That could be anything from the car you drive, age, occuaption, convictions, even where you live. Dont take that the wrong way im not having a go at you personally, just trying to explain it from an insurers perspective.

In an ideal world we would all be paying £150 a year with all the mods we like, agreed values, trackday cover the works but it just aint gonna happen and probably 99% of people think they are paying too much anyway! Everyone including me hates paying hundreds of ££ for a sheet of paper you will hopefully never need! :(

If you want me to have a look and see if i can improve on the £700 you are paying with brentacre then PM me your surname, postcode and mobile number and i will happily see if i can do anything to beat that for you and hopefully at least improve your opinion of HIC. Worst case even if i cant help i can explain why the rates where not competitive for you, after all we cant be the cheapest for everyone!

Martin :)

Too many people look are the cost of insurance only, not the package your getting for your money!!

Summed it up perfectly, cheapest aint always the best! 8)