Sign in to follow this  
kasman21

still seems to pull to the left

hey guys had my camber and alignment done yesterday and the car still appears to pull to the left! is this normal still???

also what is the ideal tyre pressure for a set of 8x17 on a 205/40 tyre??

thanks

Worn bushes can accentuate this. The Rado's rear bushes are renound for messing up handling when they're worn. A faulty damper played havoc with my handling on my G before I sorted it. Tyre pressure-wise set up the pressures so they're the same left to right. Even if they're the wrong pressures front to back you should still eliminate that from the equation. Have a search for the correct pressures for 205/40's; I'd suggest 34 front 32 rear as a starting point.

Is it lowered loads mate?

Chances are, if its lowered to buggery, it will pull one way or the other. Usually to the left as the road camber accentuates this.

Other than renewing the bushes i'm not sure mate.

My black one is the same. Geometry was done perfectly but it still pulls to the left a bit. It almost completely disappears on a flat bit of road with no camber.

Usually to the left as the road camber accentuates this.

Nail. Head.

Every Corrado I've ever driven veers left slightly, but I'm talking gradually, not sudden jerking over as soon as you let go of the wheel! That is geometry. A natural veer is road camber. All UK roads are cambered for water drainage. Unless you counter it with more toe on the nearside wheel, it will always pull. If the car is 100% on the jig, then it can't be anything else.

Yeah mine pulls to the right slightly on an 'anti-camber' stretch of raod if you know what I mean!

I.e. on the way to Amsterdam ;)

I've found that more extreme set ups accentuate this camber based "veering". For instance my 205 with high profile tyres and literally metres of suspension travel tracks pretty much straight. However, my Corrado and more so with my 200SX which was lowered on rose jointed coilvers was quite bad for wandering. It seems that the less pliancy there is in the suspension, the more susceptible it is to wandering.

It can wander due to other things if the car is 100% on the jig. Worn bushes will still allow a 100% alignment set up but will only manifest their adverse affects on a car which is moving, steering, going over bumps etc.

hey guys had my camber and alignment done yesterday and the car still appears to pull to the left! is this normal still???

also what is the ideal tyre pressure for a set of 8x17 on a 205/40 tyre??

thanks

your tyres may have worn unevenly with the alignment/camber out, so it may be your tyres causing the problem now.