Sign in to follow this  
eatthis

outside temp gauge

mine was missing when i bought the car (wires cut) i got a 2nd hand 1 and connected it today but the mfa stil skips it do i have to disconect the battery or anything daft??

There must be some way to "reboot" the system.

Id imagine that when power is restored to the MFA it will sense all it inputs.

Found the same thing on mine when I hooked mine up. We found it was disconnected, and found that the temp sensor was giving proper readings (when tested with a multimeter) so we plugged it in and nothing - it just didn't give a reading.

I left it connected and forgot about it and came back to the car the next morning and lo and behold I now had external temperature reading. So - my advice is just connect it and leave it overnight or something.. should eventually start reading :)

its been on 3 days iv had the sensor wires connected both ways and disconed the battery overnight and it still skips it bloody thing

Not quite the same issue as this thread but my outside gauge measures about 5-8 degrees over the actual temp. Thats also after a bit of a run so it shouldnt be gettng any hot engine air over it. any suggestions?

No. What should it measure?

ohms !! as long as you get a reading it should be ok

any muiltmeter should measure ohms i had to clean the connectors up on mine before it would read as mine skipped aswell

stu..

Not quite the same issue as this thread but my outside gauge measures about 5-8 degrees over the actual temp. Thats also after a bit of a run so it shouldnt be gettng any hot engine air over it. any suggestions?

Seriously? I've always found mine to be within a degree of what the BBC weather forecasts quote. Pretty accurate.

Is yours clipped in properly? It should be in the little plastic trim under the tow eye cover. If it's not in it's original location, it can easily pick up heat from the engine, or be chilled by the wind etc.

I'm sure i clipped it in properly last time, there was a blue three point lip on it which i shoved into the back of the bumper iron. It used to be very accurate before like yours Kev, just since putting everyhting back , its been a bit strange, which does bug me a bit tbh.

Looks like a bumper-off job i guess - didnt fancy that what with the weather getting decidedly chilly now.