Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

VR6 Corrado

Hi im in the market for a corrado VR6 im 21 and i can at last afford one! The main reason i want one is that they are such a special car and i want a car i can feel proud of!

So ill get to the point im going to set up some viewings for next weekend but i need some pointers from the people that know best on what to look out for when looking one over. Is there any thing that i should be aware of and what should i look out for??

Your help would be much appriciated!

I just bought a VR6 on saturday I'm 21 aswell. Over the moon about it.

Try Quinn Direct for insurance they quoted me £850 for third part fire and theft. I've one year no claims.

Didn't think that was to bad for this sort of Car gonna shop around a bit more though.

The guy might be lucky (like you were), but it would be stupid to buy the car without having checked it out beforehand..

agreed Doc!

alot of companies won't touch you on a group 18, and you're under 25

might be an idea to try Admiral,I queried what group my Storm was,as in the past its been group 19,was pleasantly surprised to be told "they" grouped it as group 17,tho tbh I'd tend to agree with Mat n Dave check it out before committing,and check by phone rather than 'net

yeah, always phone!

I have recieved 2 i-net quotes, and both were calculated wrong, and ended up costing me more, so I don't use it any more, and phone them.

due to small print, the internet quote isn't legally binding apparently :roll:

Im 20 and insured fully comp on a vr with the AA who were one of the only companies that would insure me and the cheapest at £1200 fully comp with 1 yr ncb :D

You have certainly made the right choice mate the vr's are awesome and everyday it will put a smile on your face :D

Rob.

I got quoted on my VR from the AA, using my parents 'well-to-do' village postcode, at the tender age of 25, for.......... ........... £4985 full comp.

oh we laughed

Yeah will double check the quotes by phone first 1,300 quid was my best quote but could probably get that down i hope! Even if no one insured me on it i would still get one!!

Any one want to give me a list on what companies are best for VR6 insurance and do we get any discount for being part of the corrado owners club???

Adrian Flux was the best I used, free breakdown cover etc too.

there is a guy on here who gives forum discounts, and the CCGB has an insurance company that gives a discount too (can't remember the name, and don't have a Sprinter at work).

really don't see the point of getting one if you can't get insurance, as the main stage that insurance drops is 25, and thats 4 years away for you

even if i have to cut down on beer im still gettin one!!

Your like my 20 year old brother whos getting a integra type R - there's no reasoning god damn it!!!!!!

Ive had a Corrado since i was 21, Im 26 now.

Tesco and churchill have been the cheapest ive found. I was paying about 1300 quid a year when I was 21 though..... :x

Welcome to the forum. I bought my VR6 last year when I was 21.

I got royally screwed with insurance. My advice is to never trust a quote you get on the internet. using the old "named driver on parents' car" chestnut, Direct line quoted me £775 fully comp. Called them up, and they refused to insure me, and suggested I get a 1.4 or possibly a 1.6 car (Idiots, i'd already bought the car!).

Also Elephant quoted £800, then said exactly the same. They also refused to accept that my motorbike is my main form of transport (which it was). That really pissed me off, but that's a different story

I ended up putting the car in my own name, and paid 1200 with Bell fully comp. It's completely up to you, but I wouldn't insure a VR on third party fire and theft, a Corrado is a lot of car to lose if you do stack it (though touch wood you don't!).

The good news is i'm back with direct line this year paying £1000.

It's worth trying to add a parent as a named driver, Bell wanted £1600 from me alone, but knocked £400 off just for adding my mum. Doesn't always work though, and i've taken her off again now coz it started costing more!

Good luck finding a goodun, they're awesome cars when they work properly :cry: :lol:

I turned 25 in January and promptly bought my VR. Had been waiting for years to do that, painfully building up four expensive years of no-claims' bonus on a 1.6 Golf.

With those four years, living somewhere reasonable, with a steady low risk profession and having turned the magic age of 25, my VR costs me £650 fully comprehensively insured with Endsleigh.

Mine is £750 TPFT for my 1.8 16V.

Granted its not a VR6, and its only TPFT cover, but at the time i was 20 without ncb, and the valver is still around insurance group 15

try lancaster insurance mate.

for some reason they seem to be very cheap for rado vr's.

nissan micra 1.0 = 430 quid or so

corrado vr6 = 380 quid!

both with zero no claims. worth a try.

Believe there is. When I was looking at quotations, Lancaster were no good as my 'rado was one year too new! This year, come renewal time, I should be eligible.

just a quick question did they ever do a vw corrado storm in black??

my first thort was no but then i saw one on the net that was for sale in black!!

my first thort was no but then i saw one on the net that was for sale in black!!

No they didnt, it isnt on ebay per chance the one you saw?

VW definetly did not do a black one

I heard Lancaster put Corrados on classic policies hence the price - can't remember if there is a mileage limit though.

Mine is with lancaster but is not a classic policy.

[/i]

No they didnt, it isnt on ebay per chance the one you saw?

VW definetly did not do a black one[/quote:7b9ac]

Yeah if someone's trying to sell you a black Storm then they're either trying to get one over on you or they're really stupid and someone has got one over them in the past and made them believe their car is a Storm :?

EDIT: I suppose someone could have had their Storm resprayed :?: