vwdeviant

The Forced Induction 16V Thread

those ebay manifolds can work but woulndt expect them to last too long, notorious for cracking ect.

Should also mention that the design of some of them make it almost impossible to install/remove the nuts from the exhaust studs.

Should also mention that the design of some of them make it almost impossible to install/remove the nuts from the exhaust studs.

Like Jabba's IHI 1.8T manifold you mean :lol:

never used any jabba manifolds but being cast would have thought to be designed to overcome that problem :?

Good morning gents!

Does anyone know (or has anyone actually done) if certain parts of the chassis need stitch-welding for running certain power levels?

In the long-term, I'm hoping to 28 my spare 16v engine (looking for 300hp tops), and was just thinking that if certain parts (inner wings etc?) need reinforcing, I should probably do that now whilst I'll have the engine bay in bits.

Cheers,

Jon :salute:

You dont need to do anything for 300hp, only thing I would suggest is probably a strut brace.

I'm looking to do a 16v G60 and I'm looking at an intake manifold, but the throttle body doesn't look like it's in the right place...

Pic for reference:

roccoImani.jpg

Is that going to be a problem, or is it fine?

I'm looking to do a 16v G60 and I'm looking at an intake manifold, but the throttle body doesn't look like it's in the right place...

Pic for reference:

roccoImani.jpg

i've seen people run without the throttle body elbow on vortex so it can be done.

Not sure what mods or limitations it places on you though tbh..

Pic for reference:

roccoImani.jpg

i've seen people run without the throttle body elbow on vortex so it can be done.

Not sure what mods or limitations it places on you though tbh..

You can get the elbow as a one piece part from BBM for not a lot of dollars.

That's the Scirocco 16v manifold, my american friend :salute:

yeah they are ideal for the 16vg60 installs in terms of boost piping.

I have one too.

I also have an elbow from the original limite g6016v0 which came with it.

I got lucky.

I'm building mine with a 16v head onto an ABA block. Would I get better results using the oil drive stuff from the 16v or from the ABA?

I'm building mine with a 16v head onto an ABA block. Would I get better results using the oil drive stuff from the 16v or from the ABA?

You'll need the intermediate shaft and pulley and the crank pulley out of the 16v to do that, and therefore the 16v oil pump as well. :D

are you getting valve reliefs cut out into the pistons?

hi i am thinking of making a 16v g60 next year, i am not really interested in turbos', i have read lots of threads, but was wondering as to which is best, getting a corrado g60, as it comes with ecu brakes etc, then putting an abf engine in and converting that engine or converting a 16v corrado with a g60 parts engine, ecu etc?

Some say the g60 block is stronger and put a kr head on some say that it would burn oil?

I want to start getting parts around me to start next year, is that BBm 16v-g60 conversion kit any good?

What might i expect from a standard 16v g60 power wise?

Also how about insurance what do you do with them and the v5 (log book)?

I have always understood its easier to convert a 16v to 16vG60 as opposed to the other way round, but thats purely just the engine not the whole car

If you go on the BBM website, the list for converting a 16v is about twice as long as the list to convert a G60 :shock:

If you go on the BBM website, the list for converting a 16v is about twice as long as the list to convert a G60 :shock:

.. at least.

Much easier starting with a G imo.

Now i look at that list and think you can add some of the G60 parts required to the 16v parts required.

Either way both are hard.

Now i look at that list and think you can add some of the G60 parts required to the 16v parts required.

Either way both are hard.

tis true.

Less parts needed if you start with a G but you will be forever chasing you tail as far as engine breathing goes, VWM used a 16v block as the base when they built the limiteds.