vwdeviant

The Forced Induction 16V Thread

hi what about cams?,

i haven'nt read much about cams,

i understand that the g60 inlet to exhaust over lap is zero, but the 16v has valve over lap (normal aspirated) to allow better fill, but with forced induction wouldn'nt that push air/fuel mixture into exhaust?

hi what about cams?,

i haven'nt read much about cams,

i understand that the g60 inlet to exhaust over lap is zero, but the 16v has valve over lap (normal aspirated) to allow better fill, but with forced induction wouldn'nt that push air/fuel mixture into exhaust?

Yes the 16v cam is not ideal due to the overlap, another thing to spend more money on..

Although a slight overlap will only really decrease fuel economy and increase performance.

so if i get a g60 corrado, put a 16v engine in, swapover g60 etc etc etc etc, some different pistons, fuel rail, pullies, mount brackets etc, is that ok to be going on with?, cheers ste

so if i get a g60 corrado, put a 16v engine in, swapover g60 etc etc etc etc, some different pistons, fuel rail, pullies, mount brackets etc, is that ok to be going on with?, cheers ste

Yes but be prepared to do some serious fiddling when it comes to the brackets and pulley alignments.

i was bidding on bbm conversion kit on ebay, but its been pulled for some reason?, cheers

You looking at converting a RHD car?

If so and from experience the BBM kit is a little lacking, depending how you want to go then I would recommend getting some of the odd parts from BBM and also some parts from RPM Tunning in Germany.

i was bidding on bbm conversion kit on ebay, but its been pulled for some reason?, cheers

If so and from experience the BBM kit is a little lacking, depending how you want to go then I would recommend getting some of the odd parts from BBM and also some parts from RPM Tunning in Germany.

Be careful when ordering from RPM in Germany. I ordered an inlet manifold and some other bits, and 8 months later it arrived. And there communication is crap.

Be careful when ordering from RPM in Germany. I ordered an inlet manifold and some other bits, and 8 months later it arrived. And there communication is crap.

By comparison my order from BBM took over 3 months to arrive and my RPM stuff took just over 4 weeks - that was over Christmas too.

Luck of the draw really.

The G-lader is an original piece to the Corrado but if you are serious about making power I would think twice about using it. When you have a 16v head you really want to make use of its breathing capacity and rpm range, G60 will only tickle the 16v :) .

By all means if you are looking for around 250hp and like the G60 sounds then go for it, if you are after power and durability go for turbo or another supercharger type lysholm,rotrex...

Would be easier to turbo it and thats what Id do but thats just me :D

The G-lader is an original piece to the Corrado but if you are serious about making power I would think twice about using it. When you have a 16v head you really want to make use of its breathing capacity and rpm range, G60 will only tickle the 16v :) .

By all means if you are looking for around 250hp and like the G60 sounds then go for it, if you are after power and durability go for turbo or another supercharger type lysholm,rotrex...

Would be easier to turbo it and thats what Id do but thats just me :D

I hink everyone is aware of the G's limitations my friend.

:salute:

All you guys need to stop trying to be different and just go TURBO FTW

But then you wouldn't feel so special if we all did it now Simon would you. :)

I dont feel special at all if im honest with you, just trying to show peeps the light.

Can you tell us all the downsides of this light you are showing us like cracked manifolds very high under bonnet temperatures melted sh1t etc. Last time I checked this was the corrado forum not the turbo-a-vw forum FFS.

I dont feel special at all if im honest with you, just trying to show peeps the light.

Can you tell us all the downsides of this light you are showing us like cracked manifolds very high under bonnet temperatures melted s**t etc. Last time I checked this was the corrado forum not the turbo-a-vw forum FFS.

:camp: He's onl messing about mate... He's actually got a standard G60 now with a massive gimp mask bonnet bra.... ;)

Its all part of the fun, cracked manifold was due to a poor design all sorted on that front, high under bonnet temps with any forced induction motor, like i said trying to show the light not forcing you to do anything, i voice my opinion if i want to thats what forums are for after all, definately each to their own though and the thread is called "The Forced Induction 16v Thread" after all which is on the Corrado Forum not any old VW forum, now last time i checked forced induction definately covered superchargers, turbos, electric superchargers and even leaf blowers strapped on for good measure, just because i have had a cracked manifold was there any need to have a dig at me personally FFS, have i ever had a dig at your car?

Can you tell us all the downsides of this light you are showing us like cracked manifolds very high under bonnet temperatures melted s**t etc. Last time I checked this was the corrado forum not the turbo-a-vw forum FFS.

:camp: He's onl messing about mate... He's actually got a standard G60 now with a massive gimp mask bonnet bra.... ;)

:lol: Very good :lol:

This IS the Forced Induction thread though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly a Forced Induction Discussion Thread where people talk about all forms of FI not just Turbos. Some people just bang on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Exactly its a discussion of all forced induction, in my eyes some people bang on and on about superchargers but i dont complain half as much as you do about people discussing turbos.

Exactly its a discussion of all forced induction, in my eyes some people bang on and on about superchargers but i dont complain half as much as you do about people discussing turbos.

Exactly, I'm in no rush to strap a magnesium grenade to the front of my engine with a pulley far too small.

/stops stiring.....