vwdeviant

The Forced Induction 16V Thread

Stop fretting and get your cheque book out :D

:lol: I'll have to get divorced first before I spend that sort of money but yeah one day!

:lol: I'll have to get divorced first before I spend that sort of money but yeah one day!

Finally he sees "the light" :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Finally he sees "the light" :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

And so do you through your steering UJ boot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: but at least i have the light now :wink:

Don't give me that smug raised eyebrow smilie.

You take that light and shove it where the sun don't shine, oh and by the way, that won't be in your exhaust manifold now will it? rotfl.gif?t=1216853761

Don't ever say I don't give you nothing. A good kicking while a man is down is a very generous gesture. :D

Indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: but at least i have the light now :wink:

Don't give me that smug raised eyebrow smilie.

You take that light and shove it where the sun don't shine, oh and by the way, that won't be in your exhaust manifold now will it? rotfl.gif?t=1216853761

Don't ever say I don't give you nothing. A good kicking while a man is down is a very generous gesture. :D

Where's that handbag smilie???? Lol.

this was the most sedate thread on here with the odd pic of a manifold here and a pulley there.

What happned?

:lol:

Is anyone on here actually building a 16v FI engine????????????????

Since there is more words than action in this thread who can tell me what engine this head belongs to :) . It has over 2.5k worth of parts to it .

Gargh :shrug: no idea what other engine would have dished valves unless it's a 5cyl 20v Audi engine from back in the day (hence the close-up shot to cut out cyl 5 :lol: )

Doesn't have to be German :wink:

I finished it off recenlty, has inconel Ferrea valves, gold double valve springs very high duration cams, superlight weight lifters titanium everything, fully ported, 5 angle cut seats. Its going on an engine that will run a GT42R turbocharger :shock: :grin:

Doesn't have to be German :wink:

I finished it off recenlty, has inconel Ferrea valves, gold double valve springs very high duration cams, superlight weight lifters titanium everything, fully ported, 5 angle cut seats. Its going on an engine that will run a GT42R turbocharger :shock: :grin:

8)

what rpm is this thing going to red line at?

If anyone either knows where I can get one of these tensioner rollers from the mark 4 tdi family as pictured below I would be V greatful.

or alternatively a part number so I can order from VW.

need the roller and the stem that it attaches to.

:salute:

Oi Miguel,

That looks like a twin-cam Alfa head to me,massive head chambers aswell,what kind of C/R are you gonna run?

Ok maybe this next clue should give all away.

Andrew its a customers head not mine :razz: . As for compression wise he is running 9:1 pretty much what I run too.

Basically guys, you've proberbly all noticed my threads here and there about the 2.0 16v 9A Engine, im having a few issues and figured there are a few people on here that have done the engine, would like some help please lol..

Basically im gunna be running standalone managment, iv hit a speedbump with the inlet manifold and injection system, im at a stand still on what will fit and will jus "bolt on". Iv been playing around with the idea of 1.8T inlet mani, fuel rail, reg etc..but not sure which audi or vw to get it from etc..bit baffled at this point..any help would be great..

Thanks

If anyone either knows where I can get one of these tensioner rollers from the mark 4 tdi family as pictured below I would be V greatful.

There is no stem, is just screws straight into the block (and is also found on 1Z diesel engines in Passats and Audi 80s) It is an M8 bolt allen bolt that attaches it to the block and the part number is 028 109 244, should be around £31 inc VAT.

That belt routing looks very similar to my set-up, only need to loose the swing arm, damper, swing arm pulley and that custom pulley at the top.

There is no stem, is just screws straight into the block (and is also found on 1Z diesel engines in Passats and Audi 80s) It is an M8 bolt allen bolt that attaches it to the block and the part number is 028 109 244, should be around £31 inc VAT.

That belt routing looks very similar to my set-up, only need to loose the swing arm, damper, swing arm pulley and that custom pulley at the top.

Cheers Yan.

I may be going in another direction now.

yet another g6016v falling falling at the last hurdle.

It's a bit of a unicorn this engine.

Hopefully you will finish one of these rare and mythical beasts.

Ahhhh, jap?

wait, 4G63 is an Evo engine isn't it?

Yep right on, its from a EVO 8, very well designed head must say 8) .

As far as the fuel rail, you can use the 20v rail with the stock 16v flange, you can get away by using spacers and tapping the flange for M6/8 bolts so you can fasten it down. Although I like to weld 2 alu nuts/blocks on the flange and tap them instead.

has inconel Ferrea valves

Good choice

Its going on an engine that will run a GT42R turbocharger :shock: :grin:

Not a road car then?

GT3071R would make a cracking 450-500hp Evo.

gold double valve springs

Inconel is awesome, but why gold springs? Gold is a really soft metal (in comparison) isn't it? Not something I would have thought would be a good choice for drivetrain :shrug: