The Hub

Indicators not working

I have a problem with my indicators not working when indicating to turn whilst driving, they work fine on the hazzards and when arming/disarming the alarm. There is a permanant slight glow to the indicator dash light when the ignition is on, and this goes to permanant full glow when you indicate but no lights come on. The dash light flashes when on hazzards or alarm :?

Similar to this problem http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... +indicator

I have taken all the fuses and relays out as that thread suggests and checked that they are ok, all bulbs flash on hazzards and alarm. So does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Would that explain the dash light though? It glows even when not using the indicator stalk! I'll give it a try but i'm thinking it something further down the line?

Thanks

Yeah permanant slight glow when ignition is on and permanant full glow when using the indicator stalk.

Just checked and the LED doesnt flash when using hazzards or alarm and goes of if you turn full beam on ....

I'd think maybe the stalk on even a breakdown in the plug as they're common in both indicator and headlight systems. Good luck with finding the fault, It'd be interesting to find out what it is.

have you tried taking each bulb out , one at a time and trying it , just incase theres a short ?

take off the steering cowl and spray electrical cleaner or wd40 on the stalk contacts

i'm not sure if the indicators and hazards use the same relay , i dont think they do which means the relay is a possibility

Cheers GIXXERUK, I'll try the bulbs and the electrical cleaner on the stalks, but I have already tried all the relays and fuses and all seem to be intact :?

Check all the bulb mountings - it's easy to bend a pin and short across to one of the other circuits. I had this, turned out the indicators worked perfectly, as long as I wasn't on the brakes.

Have you had the light clusters out recently? If so there's your culprit.

The hazards and indicators definitely use different relays, the relay on my Blue G60 worked loose once and the indicators stopped working, IIRC the relay is on the top row and is closest to the side of the car

IIRC the relay is on the top row and is closest to the side of the car

Just checked this relay and your right it is the correct one, but still no joy :( To wet outside to check the bulbs and stuff at the minute.

The hazards and indicators definitely use different relays, the relay on my Blue G60 worked loose once and the indicators stopped working, IIRC the relay is on the top row and is closest to the side of the car

Interesting will have a look at that 2mrw.. borrowed a bentley manual too so see if I can sort this!!

I have replaced my rear indicators with leds. But if i press the brakes with the indicators on they stop working. Perfectly fine with normal bulbs though. And in fact with some other less bright leds they were also ok. So it seems they get shorted out when the brakes are applied. Tried turning them too but that didnt work.  Any suggestions?

I have all red rears so need the ultra bright leds to flash orange, normal bulbs don't really work..

Ah schoolboy error! The two spade terminals BR and 31 are extremely close together. I was using a spade connector too large for the terminals and this was shorting across. 

Back to o-level basics for me!

On the subject of indicators, do everyone else’s make noise? Mine are silent when flashing but I don’t remember if it was always that way, has my relay lost it’s click???

31 minutes ago, fla said:

Mine click- without the fusebox cover its significantly louder!

Thanks Hasan, I'll start searching through my spare relay collection for one with a click then!