Sign in to follow this  
veedub

Wheel Acid on non laquered polished rims.

I have reciently polished my Estorils and was just wondering am I safe using wheel acid on my un laquered polished wheels??

so will water and salt....

I have found that, just keep ontop of them with regular sessions of AutoSol!

Was just worried that I might cause bad corrosion!

use same soapy water u use on the car. dont use any acids even though if they dont damage the wheels instantly they will discolour and bite into the metal over a period of time...

You ideally want a good wax on em :)

If you have some carnauba paste that you use for the paint,pop some on the rims and it will look after them/stop crap sticking to them/stop water marks from washing.

Autosol is 'ok' for alloy that isn't mirror polished,but it can be a little too abrasive otherwise...

Neil.

Edit:oh,and the hot rims from meguiars is superb for keeping on top washing wise...safe for use on all wheel finishes and gives fantastic results. 8)

Try Virisol, as long as they aren't chrome. Its made of lemons or something, is very gentle, but very effective. It's not that easy to find though, so you may need to order 10l at a time, online. You simply mix about 8:1 with water, and spray on, rub, rinse off.

Phil

please dont take the P too much guys :oops: on a set of wheels i had years ago, after i cleaned the unpolished lip, i sprayed some hair spray on them (was told this by a guy who worked for merc) and it did work, for about 2 weeks no dirt etc etc stuck to the lip.