Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Insurance renewal, what a joke!

Got a letter today from adrian flux with my insurance renewal quote, mine ends this month.

They gave me a quote of £592 TPFT

So i phoned up and said i had a quote for £530 from somewhere else (which wasn't totaly true)

The guy went away and came back with £525 (what a suprise just under my 'other' quote)

So i was happy, so i thought id try something else, i went online as a new customer and put all my details in, and got a quote of £475, so i emailed them saying i got a quote for '£457' from somewhere else, they replied with £450,

so in total i have saved £142 in my insurance just by hunting around (with the same company!)

shows how good renewal quotes are!

My dad did the EXACT same thing with norwich union!

Neil

Renewal quotes are a joke anyway! Bell wanted £1050 to renew my insurance on the Rado, but as a new customer Admiral only wanted £780, and they're owned by the same company!!

Barclays were doing a good offer. They would beat your lowest quote and give you £50 cash back. Not sure if they are still running it though.

when i got the renewal quote through for mine in november they were offering me more expensive price for TPFT than i'm geting fully comp for now!

the way i look at it is that,

If i have a crash and its my own fault, then i will have to pay the excess and whatever it takes to fix it as it was my own fault, but i have been thinking of fully comp but just so expencive!

the way i look at it is that,

If i have a crash and its my own fault, then i will have to pay the excess and whatever it takes to fix it as it was my own fault, but i have been thinking of fully comp but just so expencive!

The only problem is if you have a total right off and it's your fault. You'll end up with nothing :( Alright if you are driving a heap but a different matter if your car is your pride and joy.

Had the same thing with Adrian Flux recently. Renewal was £490 (up at least £50 from last year). Got a quote from Admiral for £331, so Flux lowered to £378. Then told them I was a CCGB member and they dropped to £331. They are also going to waive the £25 admin fee when I swap to the VR.

just renewed mine with Adrian Flux (after haggling between them & Performance Direct) £488 fully comp all in, with all mods declared (inc those i'm shortly adding) which i was pretty happy with!

I often used to do the same, but ever since I had that one weekend bargain, the quotes dont get any cheaper, even with more No Claims

:(