Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Spot the speed camera! some in bournemouth and christchurch

16/19. But that's only because I was looking. In most cases, I would surely not have seen them until they would have seen me.

One of those pictures in that game is from the IOW ... I think its the road that goes past St mary's Hospital in newport (40mph).

13/19 too. That's pretty scary isn't it. While I try never to go over the limit in built up areas anyway, there's some in there that would've caught me out on the more open stretches. I've not heard of those tripod cameras before either.

Reminds me, the other day I got flashed by an oncoming driver so slowed down, and all I saw was a white van with a billboard leaning against it advertising a garden centre or something, and another bill board at the back under the window. looked in the mirror and it had the usual blacked out windows with a hole in one. Can't of been, surely... Can it?

They usually only get the fronts of cars those ones, I used to play silly buggers with them on the bike, til I realised they just had to turn around and get my plate :oops: Lucky.

Cool quiz though.

like i said my police friend sent me the link, theres 3 from my local area where i go to uni everyday all with in 5 miles of my house, never even knew they were at these locations, imo this is just out to make money not slow down speeding cars!

14/19, but if I was driving along at the time I wouldn't have seen many in time to slow down, sly feckers!

We've just had the pleasure of specs cameras being installed on the M5 (between junct 29 and 30), feckin load of balls, never heard of a single accident there caused by excessive speed.

16/19

The one theat's Illegally parked outside the big white building's on the "Gyratory" in Aylesbury.

Got gunned by a copper on the M40 in Warwickshire (Police force have a zero tollerance on speeder apparently), parked on the hard should with the driver door open! Never got a ticket (was only doing 80) but made a mental note as that's just bloody dangerous!

like i said my police friend sent me the link, theres 3 from my local area where i go to uni everyday all with in 5 miles of my house, never even knew they were at these locations, imo this is just out to make money not slow down speeding cars!

Funnily enough I havn't seen that tripod device around Bournemouth for a couple of years now... I wonder if someone nicked it or ran over it with a truck?

The barstewards seem to mostly try and do you from the van these days. I agree with what you say about the positioning of some of them. The permenant fixed camera on Talbot Road & Glenfurness Avenue catch me out because they hidden behind trees...

18/19. I have a sixth sense for them after 10 years of fast dubs :)

Also I recognise the Bournemouth Tripod ones, especially the one on the wessex way, know it well.

Jay