Sign in to follow this  
Concept-e

My first Rado'!!

Hey all,

been on this forum for a number of years now. Mainly in awe at what i see as possibly the nicest vw on the road today! Having had a ride in Andi's VR6 a few years ago only made my love for the corrado grow even more. After selling my Polo G40 converted GT and my GT runaround i felt it was time to move up in the world. The expense that was Christmas delayed my search somewhat, however after many months of looking for the right car, and even having to let some beauties go (Andy's 2.0 :( ), i managed to convince my mate to drive me from Canterbury, Kent to Barnsley, near Manchester! 500 odd mile round trip!!

The trip proved more than worthy when i found myself the new owner of a 1.8 16v in one of my favourite vw colours (happened to be the same colour as my GT/G40). The guy had owned it for 9 years and its immaculate inside and out. Advertised on autotrader for less than 4 hours and i snapped it up immediately last saturday. She drives beautifully, and im looking forward to saving for a few bits such as proper red or tinted rears and some lovely Kersher's maybe. At present im chuffed to bits so im in no rush!

These are crappy phone photos but hopefully i can get some with a mates digi camera asap.

Thanks for reading my rambling!

Steve.

corrado1.jpg

corrado2.jpg

corrado3.jpg

corrado4.jpg

corrado5.jpg

corrado6.jpg

corrado7.jpg

My bro's mk2 and his mk1 he rescued from a field!!

IMAGE_00023.jpg

its got 117K on the clock but you really wouldn't know. I paid £2K which i feel was reasonable considering the wheels, suspension, miltek exhaust and the condition etc.

its got 117K on the clock but you really wouldn't know. I paid £2K which i feel was reasonable considering the wheels, suspension, miltek exhaust and the condition etc.

I would say that is a good buy 8)

Looks like a cracker! Glad you found a good 'un in the end :)

Any engine mods? Get stealth to do the WUR ;)

I kinda like the early look with the early grill... Retro is the word!!!!

If it was me :roll: Keep it looking OEM as its a Mint example :smile:

Always loved this colour....

thanks for all the positive replies. Been a member of this forum for years, staring very enviously at all your' stunning Rado's. So glad to finally own one. Such a pleasure to drive. Wouldn't mind some lovely dished wheels though as ive come from driving a polo G40 on really dished 13x8s, so i do miss the euro look. Love the colour too, its a favourite of mine and looks so impressive when just washed. Really looking forward to better weather and the chance to crack out the Zymol!!

Forgot i had this pic too...so menacing!!

conceptcorrado2rf.jpg

looks nice man, very tidy. Good to see another 'rado in the area (I live near selhurst park) so I'm sure I'll see you around in croydon, etc.

ps - has the coulsdon bypass been finised yet? it looks sweet to go burning up and down!

bypass has been finished matey!! See you around!

Sweeeet. Will have to come down and give it a test drive sometime. Will pm you when I do and we can have a mini valver meet.

Very nice and yeah it's the best colour by far ;)

I'll second that... 8)

Looks good, wouldn't change a thing...