Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Bulb Condoms???

Ok my bulb has just started dating and i dont want loads of baby bulbs so i want him to use a condom :lol:

Seriously now ... where can i get one of these so called bulb condoms in red? I done a search for them and only got a few mentions but not where to get them. I have swapped my interior lights to red and to get a better look on my heater controls i need the bulb to shine red, on the canadian corrado site they use these bulb condoms.

Would halpfords sell them? How about maplins?

Cheers,

Rob.

the condoms are a glorified balloon end if i remember correctly

glass paint cant be bought for pennies from a craft shop or ebay and you just paint it on and dries very quickly too

Im sure a friend of mine bought these from maplins a while back, had to ask for them at the service counter though as they didnt keep them out on display.

Hi!

I was googling to try and find some Amber LEDs to make my rear indicators flash as non-red as possible...and I found these....

http://dashlights.co.uk/cart.php?target ... ory_id=272

are they what you mean?? :)

If you've got red-tinted indicators, put green bulbs in to make them flash green (seriously - Pug do it!)

The wonders of subtractive colour mixing.

Hi!

I was googling to try and find some Amber LEDs to make my rear indicators flash as non-red as possible...and I found these....

http://dashlights.co.uk/cart.php?target ... ory_id=272

are they what you mean?? :)

If you've got red-tinted indicators, put green bulbs in to make them flash green (seriously - Pug do it!)

Dont you mean Orange Dinks???? :lol:

If it was perfect subtractive colour mixing it would actually result in no light output at all ..

(i.e. you'd have white light through a green filter which results in ONLY green light and when it reaches the red filter, all the green light would be removed too ..) But since neither filter is perfect, it results in a lot less red light coming out, which results in an overall more yellowy-orange colour ..

But yes, this works pretty well.