Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

new battery

**mods move this as you wish**

im after a good qulity battery for the G60, as ive got a crappy cheap one in there at the moment, and is knackered, setting the alarm off too. does anyone know a good battery for a G60 (soon to be 16vg60) and any links where i can buy one from?? dont want to spend too much money (£150ish max)

cheers

I got a bosch silver top for 2.0 16v from Costco for £35 fitted, they have a massive range. Halfods and local motor factors wanted £60 +

They have a massive range!!! if you want something bigger

i need something that will be good enough to run the car easily, and that wont go dead. im a firm believer that you get what you pay for, so ive set myself te budget and want to keep to it....although if there are no better alternatives then it will have to be that one, is a bosch one after all so should be high quaility

i got a varta one, who apparently make Bosch batteries too, but tbh ive never had a problem with it once in 3 years! even when i went on holiday for 4 weeks and left the car in the cold it was ok, started 1st time.

i got a varta one, who apparently make Bosch batteries too, but tbh ive never had a problem with it once in 3 years! even when i went on holiday for 4 weeks and left the car in the cold it was ok, started 1st time.

how much was it and which one ?

The bosch from costco comes with 3 year warranty (think this is standard though?), they will swap if faulty.

Just from the looks of it, it is better quality than thew halfords batterys, also has a usefull charge indicator on top.

i know its not a massive distance, but i'd rather get one nearer too me as im lazy and cant be arsed to drive miles to pick up a battery! guildfords far enough from me and thats 18miles!

I've got a 4yr-warranty Halfords one in mine, which does the job.

Optima's are supposed to be the daddy, although I'm not sure exactly what colour top one to get.

Haywire (cheesewire) had one for a while - they're up at the £150 mark I believe.

Haywire (cheesewire) had one for a while - they're up at the £150 mark I believe.

will make an enquiry about this. done a quick search and optimas come up a lot.

The Optima's are well worth the money mate, not cheap but defo won't let you down (shed loads of cranking current), keep and eye out on e-bay i managed to get a brand new sealed blue top for £102 (retails more like £180), the blue tops are really meant for marine usage and internally the same as the yellow tops which are cheaper (more like £150 as said above) & just as good!