Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

De-badging rear & front grille

In an attempt to a. not attract so much unwanted attention from TWOCers, and b. to improve the stealth look :wink: I'm thinking about de-badging my VR6. (when I get it, 2 days and counting...)

Are the "Corrado" & "VR6" badges on the rear stick-on jobbies, or do they have pins that locate into holes in the bodywork?

Also, I'm seriously thinking about replacing the front grille with a home made de-VR6-badged one (a la matey-matey.com, info here ... http://www.matey-matey.com/debadged_grille.shtml!), removing the VR6 badge, but leaving the central VW badge in place.

What does the panel reckon?

Chris.

The corrado badge is a pin jobbie on the rear there's three pins that go through the panel so a plate would need to be welded onto the back of the panel and the three holes filled in and then painted, I think the VR6 badge is just a stick on job so there wont be any holes to fill, as for the VR6 badge on the front if its the same as the G60 badge it's just a push fit with 2 clips so you can just take it out and there you have it de-VR6- badged grille .

stormseeker, BANANA MAN, Yeah I agree with that.As far as the rear Corrado badge goes you are better off leaving that, too much work particularly on a Storm.You will be able to peel the rear stick on VR6 badges off with a little bit of effort,I think the Storm badge is just stuck on too.(bit collectable and irreplaceable now). 8)

As for the front grille Do you want to lose the VW badge or is it just the VR6 badge,the Vr6 is easy,just pops off as Banana Man says. :?:

Removing the VW emblem involves buying another grille and lots of cutting and glueing. 8)

yeah the de badgeing of the vw logo is a pain in the arse I did it on my mk2 golf manyyears ago and it took ages to get it right you'd be better off buying a de badged grille then you dont ahve all the hassle and agrot thats if you want the vw logo to dissapear of course!!!!

Just wanted to lose the VR6 badges as I'm paranoid already about having the car parked outside overnight (no garage U C). I live on a main road and I just know loads of prospective twocers could just be driving by or riding on the bus! If the Corrado rear badge was a stick on one that would go too, just to make the rear "cleaner".

Quite like the VW badge on the front & rear. :D

Thanks for the advice.

Chris.

5 1/2 years later.....

on the subject of removing the rear vr6 badge, as its just a stick on jobbie that's still on after years, what's the best way of getting it off without nailing the paint?

cheers.

VR6 on the front grill is just clipped on, take grill off and it will be obvious

rear VR6 is just glued with that sticky foam stuff. To get mine off i use fishing line and start one end and kinda "saw" along it with the piece of line, pulling towards you so you not rubbing on the paint